1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2 - ride quality?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 5six, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Nov 28, 2022 at 4:19 AM
    5six

5six [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    55_4Runner
    GTA, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2022 Black TRD ORP
    Ceramic tint (all glass), Toyo AT3s 285/70 C load, Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2 suspension, Ironman UCA, Cartrimhome TRD skid plate, RCI skids (rear diff, transmission, filler plate, catalytic anti theft), SwitchPro 9100 & MT Plate, Caliraised ditch lights & brackets, Caliraised molle panels, Sherpa roof rack, Westcott ladder, Weathertech window visors, Meso & LED interior bulbs, black badging, Weathertech mats, Husky cargo liner, Canvasback rear seat backing, Smittybilt 2781, Morrflate Quad, ARB Diff Breather, Ultimate9, TRD Pro rims, GTR Carbide headlights, DIY Knight Rider light strip.
    Hi all. I’m considering getting the Eibach Stage 2 kit, as it’s within my $1500 Cdn budget (last day of Black Friday sale here in Canada). I’m wondering how well the ride quality is on the road as it’s my daily driver. I understand it will be stiffer for my 2022 TRD ORP, but is it jarring or extreme over stock, until I add more weight?

For context, I’ll typically be a 95% on road daily, and 5% weekend warrior with hard to find trails here in southern Ontario, Canada.

Regarding my weight, my current set up is stock with a slow build over next 2 years. I have a Sherpa roof rack ordered, planned C4 Fabrication low pro bumper / winch set up (a year away), DIY drawer system (and sleep inside), aluminum skid plates, RSG rock sliders (next year), and a rear swing out tire carrier.

2. Nov 28, 2022 at 4:57 AM
    brownersd

brownersd You are the weakest link, buh-bye!

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Humble, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM 4Runner TRD Off-Road Premium
    Hey hey matey!

I have the Stage 2 kit indeed, and the ride is a bit more firm than stock, but not jarring or extreme. It does make the truck feel more stable, as opposed to "mushy." I am really happy with my setup indeed, and always say that this should be the stock ride quality, in my opinion. Feel free to shout if you have any more questions.

Cheers,

Sean

3. Nov 29, 2022 at 4:03 AM
    5six

5six [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    55_4Runner
    GTA, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2022 Black TRD ORP
    Ceramic tint (all glass), Toyo AT3s 285/70 C load, Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2 suspension, Ironman UCA, Cartrimhome TRD skid plate, RCI skids (rear diff, transmission, filler plate, catalytic anti theft), SwitchPro 9100 & MT Plate, Caliraised ditch lights & brackets, Caliraised molle panels, Sherpa roof rack, Westcott ladder, Weathertech window visors, Meso & LED interior bulbs, black badging, Weathertech mats, Husky cargo liner, Canvasback rear seat backing, Smittybilt 2781, Morrflate Quad, ARB Diff Breather, Ultimate9, TRD Pro rims, GTR Carbide headlights, DIY Knight Rider light strip.
    Thank you Sean, appreciate the feedback on your experience. It helps.

brownersd[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Nov 29, 2022 at 4:48 AM
    Trail Runnah

Trail Runnah New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 T4R Trail Edition
    Stock
    Oh that's funny, I was getting ready to pull the trigger on this kit yesterday too. I've watched a lot of videos on it and everyone had great things to say about it. It's not meant for high speed desert runs, but other than that it sounds like a good all around kit. The biggest draw for me is the ability to adjust on the vehicle, and the lifetime warranty.

I want to try the one with the rear reservoir shocks, they look interesting. I just had a few questions about this kit so I decided to hold off till I could call the seller today.

Hopefully I didn't miss out on a sale price, I'm probably going to buy from Poly Performance and their site has a sale code good till the 30th.

5. Nov 29, 2022 at 5:38 AM
    5six

5six [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    55_4Runner
    GTA, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2022 Black TRD ORP
    In Canada, looks the sale ended yesterday for a 10% discount. I like the lifetime warranty too, but have read mixed reviews about harshness, but more so when you don’t have any weight added. Strange how only the reservoir is available for 2021+, and non-reservoir version only up to 2020.

6. Nov 29, 2022 at 5:53 AM
    Overland WT

Overland WT Grumpy Old Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    West Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off Road
    Many with many more to go
    I have the two. If you are a weekend warrior so little, save the money and buy the Stage 1. Same ride really but with adjustability. Firm, not hard. No longer mushy. Nose dive is far less than before. As for the Stage 2, its got the taller front ability than the Stage 1 at 2"-4" adjustability, where Stage 1 is 1.5-2.75" up front. Same ride characteristics.

brownersd and 5six[OP] like this.
  7. Nov 29, 2022 at 5:55 AM
    Trail Runnah

Trail Runnah New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 T4R Trail Edition
    Stock
    I didn't notice the year break on the resis. That's interesting, there's no reason they shouldn't fit an earlier model, mechanically the 5th gen suspension is exactly the same going back to 2010.

I think pretty much any lift is going to be a little harsher than stock. I've heard folks say this is firmer than stock, which might not be a bad thing, but never harsh. I've heard harsh used to describe Bilstein though, which is why I ruled it out.

Personally I want a 1970s Cadillac ride, but I don't think that's possible in my budget.

8. Nov 29, 2022 at 5:56 AM
    Trail Runnah

Trail Runnah New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 T4R Trail Edition
    Stock
    IMO the stage 1 is too tall. I only want 2" of lift, which the stage 2 comes set at.

9. Nov 29, 2022 at 6:25 AM
    5six

5six [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    55_4Runner
    GTA, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2022 Black TRD ORP
    I think a misread, as they’re both adjustable with Stage 2 having a higher minimum and a higher max.

My goal is to stay within 2-2.5” on the front, knowing at some point (a year from now maybe) I’ll be changing out the front bumper for a C4 Low Pro high bar with a winch (100+ lbs), and aluminum skid plates for my non rock crawler.

Overland WT likes this.
  10. Nov 29, 2022 at 6:35 AM
    Trail Runnah

Trail Runnah New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 T4R Trail Edition
    Stock
    Is the stage 1 adjustable? Everything on it that I've seen calls it 2.75" front, 1"rear.

The on car adjustability of the 2.0 coil overs is nice, it will allow you to compensate for the weight as you add it. That's what appeals to me, I want to add a winch in the future, but only buy front springs once.

Adjusting them to 4" is madness though, no way the suspension can handle that. I'm pretty sure Eibach only recommends a 2.5" max height.

11. Nov 29, 2022 at 9:47 AM
    Trail Runnah

Trail Runnah New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 T4R Trail Edition
    Stock
    FYI, I'm on the Eibach site, the kit with the rear resi's is showing fitment for 2010 - 2022.

12. Nov 29, 2022 at 10:23 AM
    brownersd

brownersd You are the weakest link, buh-bye!

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Humble, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM 4Runner TRD Off-Road Premium
    Yes, Stage one only goes up to 2.75" for the front, and 1" for the rear. Stage 2 goes up to 4.0" in the front and 2.0" in the back (with the load levelling kit)

Cheers,

Sean

13. Nov 29, 2022 at 11:05 AM
    Trail Runnah

Trail Runnah New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 T4R Trail Edition
    Stock
    It's odd that they list it as 4.0, when they specifically recommend a max of 2.5".

Perhaps it's just the ability to add preload as weight is added. I don't even think there would be enough downtravel to run 4.0" of lift, haha.

brownersd[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Nov 29, 2022 at 12:33 PM
    nimby

nimby in the drink

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    California
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5P
    Since Stage 1 comes with a 2.75" lift coil for the front, that's the minimum lift height you can achieve......assuming stock weight.

However, you can get around this by buying the front adjustable shocks and either using your stock coils (not recommended with additional weight) or buy a smaller lift coil that will accommodate both the lift height you want and your weight requirements. Dobinsons has a good selection of front lift coils with different heights and weights.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
  15. Nov 29, 2022 at 2:50 PM
    Overland WT

Overland WT Grumpy Old Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    West Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off Road
    Many with many more to go
    Stage 1 has 4 "ring positions" to predetermined height up front, 1" new coils in the rear. I believe 1.5" to 2.75". The other difference is the stage 1 does not come with new top hats for the coilovers, You reuse or buy new ones (~$25) and assemble them once they arrive. Stage 2 are preassembled with new hats.

Over 3" is when you have potential CV binding issues primarily, with a few other things that need done to ensure trouble free issues. Rear sway bar bracket to move the axle back to center, etc.

5six[OP] likes this.
  16. Nov 29, 2022 at 4:33 PM
    Trail Runnah

Trail Runnah New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 T4R Trail Edition
    Stock
    Gotcha, so it's got the snap ring like a bilstein. That's what I like about the 2.0, that they come assembled and ready to bolt in. I've messed around with struts enough, I have no patience for that anymore.

Supposedly the 2.0s are valved a little bit differently, and if you look at the body itself it looks like a much higher quality.

Overland WT[QUOTED] likes this.
  17. Dec 1, 2022 at 6:13 AM
    Trail Runnah

Trail Runnah New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 T4R Trail Edition
    Stock
    @5six , did you end up getting it?

I just pulled the trigger on the 2.0 kit with rear reservoir shocks.

I've read very little about them, looks like I'll be the guinea pig haha.

18. Dec 2, 2022 at 3:59 AM
    5six

5six [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    55_4Runner
    GTA, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2022 Black TRD ORP
    I didn’t, was waiting for the shop I’m working with and didn’t realize my last communication didn’t go through (issue on my end). I should’ve just bought the damn kit off the site. Not only is the 10% discount over, but the prices on the Stage 2 non-reservoir is up $100 :frustrated:. I still plan on getting the Stage 2, I’m hoping the shop has a better price than the general public.

@Trail Runnah I look forward to your install feedback.

Trail Runnah likes this.
  19. Dec 2, 2022 at 4:55 AM
    hossler1788

hossler1788 Turtle

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Central Pa
    Vehicle:
    2020 4runner

Awesome! Its a solid choice. Please keep us posted on what you think of the rear shocks.

5six[OP] likes this.
  20. Dec 2, 2022 at 5:32 AM
    Trail Runnah

Trail Runnah New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 T4R Trail Edition
    Stock
    Will do! I'm excited to try them. I wanted to go with resi for 3 reasons:

1) let's be honest, they look damn cool.
    2)a resi shock may have slightly longer travel, because the gas charge is in the resi and the piston is now free to travel the entire length of the shock body.
    3) the extra fluid capacity and travel can allow the resi shock to be valved a bit softer than the non resi version.

Now I don't know if 2&3 are accurate, I gained that info after watching numerous videos on this subject, but I don't recall if any were actually from Eibach. I could be totally off on this, and in that case, refer back to reason #1.

Also, I'm not a YouTuber, but I'm thinking l may do at least an unboxing video of these, since I found so little info on them myself.

5six[OP] likes this.
  21. Dec 2, 2022 at 6:05 AM
    kmeeg

kmeeg LionRunner

Member:
    I was told remote reservoir ones with adjusters have more gas allowing to run little less gas pressure allows the ride to be little softer.

I would really appreciate if people can share thier experience on YouTube rather than just text form. Why I share mine. May not be professional looking but maybe it will help someone. I don't have a script or fancy equipment or even a paid professional editor software. I just use my phone and just talk whatever comes to my brain. LOL..

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
  22. Dec 2, 2022 at 7:09 AM
    5six

5six [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    55_4Runner
    GTA, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2022 Black TRD ORP
    Nobody wants to read anymore, lol. That is one opportunity I see for a few things I’ve ordered this Black Friday, not a lot of videos that answer all my questions, or are posted by the vendors where they have a bias to sell.

Trail Runnah and kmeeg[QUOTED] like this.
  23. Dec 2, 2022 at 10:18 AM
    hossler1788

hossler1788 Turtle

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Central Pa
    Vehicle:
    2020 4runner
    The reservoir rear shocks do have a little extra down travel but not much(less then an inch). I'm not sure if they valved them different. I had a conversation with eibach regarding there rear shocks.

Did you go with the 1" rear lift spring or the load leveler adjustable setup?

But if you could measure the rear shocks compared to oem, just to see if they are longer, that would be awesomeness

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
  24. Dec 2, 2022 at 11:17 AM
    Trail Runnah

Trail Runnah New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 T4R Trail Edition
    Stock
    Sorry you missed out on the sale, that stinks.

I like to read too, I've read a lot of good articles on Trail4R, but nobody had anything on the resi's, other than a Tacoworld post where someone called them a "more expensive 5160".

I'll post here, and will try my hand at a video too.

25. Dec 2, 2022 at 11:19 AM
    Trail Runnah

Trail Runnah New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 T4R Trail Edition
    Stock
    I'm absolutely going to compare them to stock, both extended and compressed. I'll put that in the video.

I went with the standard rear spring, I don't carry much weight or tow, so I figured the LL wasn't worth the extra expense for my application.

hossler1788[QUOTED] likes this.
  26. Dec 2, 2022 at 11:47 AM
    5six

5six [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    55_4Runner
    GTA, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2022 Black TRD ORP
    About reading, I was just j/k . Make a vid, to all our advantages. I’ve had my hand at some vids, since my used Mac Mini came with Final Cut Pro. A lot of work to polish a vid vs just doing a one shot deal. If you have an iPhone, or iPad iMovie is pretty powerful now.

Trail Runnah[QUOTED] likes this.
  27. Dec 3, 2022 at 7:53 AM
    Trail Runnah

Trail Runnah New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 T4R Trail Edition
    Stock
    Well, it'll be 4 to 6 weeks before I can make my unboxing video. Got an email from Poly Performance yesterday that that is the ETA since these are back ordered from Eibach.

I'm not really in a hurry to install it, but 4 to 6 weeks gives me a lot of time to second guess myself.

hossler1788 likes this.
  28. Dec 3, 2022 at 2:23 PM
    hossler1788

hossler1788 Turtle

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Central Pa
    Vehicle:
    2020 4runner
    Well you got some time to decided on upper control arms then.

29. Dec 17, 2022 at 7:09 AM
    Sandman317

Sandman317 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 AG ORP
    I have the 2.0 kit and JBA UCAs. On the street it rides absolutely amazing IMO, so much better than stock. Firm but very composed and not harsh at all. Should come like this from the factory. For the price hard to beat this kit.

58AF2377-41BD-4383-9DC7-0FB65E53FA13.jpg

30. Dec 20, 2022 at 5:29 AM
    Trail Runnah

Trail Runnah New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 T4R Trail Edition
    Stock
    Thanks for the feedback! I'm really looking forward to receiving and installing it.

Sandman317[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top