1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Eibach pro kit stage 1

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Silverghost, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Apr 17, 2021 at 1:18 PM
    nimby

nimby in the drink

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    California
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5P
    I'm guessing koukimonster and CORunner are the same person.

Thatbassguy and DRobs like this.
  2. Apr 17, 2021 at 1:31 PM
    CORunner

CORunner New Member

Member:
    Didnt offer any first hand information did I. Rather respectfully stated whats been quoted on numerous sites. Propaganda! Too freaking funny. Like I have a vendetta against Eibach. Ive been running their stuff on my track cars for years and awaiting their stuff for this truck. Clown.

3. Apr 17, 2021 at 1:31 PM
    CORunner

CORunner New Member

Member:
    You would be wrong.

4. Apr 17, 2021 at 1:33 PM
    CORunner

CORunner New Member

Member:
    Got it! Because youre the SME for all things 4runners huh.

5. Apr 17, 2021 at 1:47 PM
    Charlievee

Charlievee New Member

Member:
    You're a clown! Clown!

CORunner[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Apr 17, 2021 at 2:09 PM
    DRobs

DRobs New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Missouri Ozarks
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR - MGM
    Pinstripes, lots of em. Plus a couple dents.
    Just realize, you're quoting a freaking Moron as Gospel.

7. Apr 17, 2021 at 2:11 PM
    CORunner

CORunner New Member

Member:
    I quoted nothing as gospel, simply put out information for consideration. If you got butt hurt over it thats your sensitive nature not a problem with me.

8. Apr 17, 2021 at 2:22 PM
    DRobs

DRobs New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Missouri Ozarks
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR - MGM
    Well your info is BS. But please keep digging that hole.

9. Apr 17, 2021 at 10:15 PM
    CORunner

CORunner New Member

Member:
    Again Dan, My information is accurate and stated clearly. "some people are reporting..." Nothing inaccurate about it. Your issue you obviously think more of your opinion than any other person does. I put it out for the OP to consider and research and form their own conclusion and you clearly have an issue with the fact no one gives a shit that you think otherwise. Get A life dude.

Clearly expecting you to have some lame response since you must camp out on this page.

koukimonster likes this.
  10. Apr 18, 2021 at 5:40 AM
    nimby

nimby in the drink

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    California
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5P
    One person reported it.

Multiple times in multiple threads to make it sound like it was a more widespread issue than it actually is.

That person doesn't know what they're doing, so I would take those "reports" with a grain of salt.

Thatbassguy likes this.
  11. Apr 18, 2021 at 5:54 AM
    Charlievee

Charlievee New Member

Member:
    Lol, must be a modern graduate from journalism school " sources say...(what ever supports the narrative, without providing substantial proof or facts)" Hysterical.

All i want to know is when the 3+" kit will be released.

Thatbassguy likes this.
  12. Apr 18, 2021 at 10:37 AM
    DRobs

DRobs New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Missouri Ozarks
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR - MGM
    [​IMG]

nimby likes this.
  13. Apr 18, 2021 at 11:29 AM
    nimby

nimby in the drink

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    California
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5P
    :rofl:

DRobs[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Apr 21, 2021 at 7:42 AM
    koukimonster

koukimonster DYNO4

Member:
    Appalachia
    Vehicle:
    Midnight Venture
    Bigger A/T LT Tires, Slight Lift, Sliders, Rack, Lights, etc.
    Lots of maturity over here.

In case you couldn't figure it out, I am koukimonster.

The bushing is incorrect, but you children love your kit, so don't want to admit it. You can be fine with the wrong bushing, no one is making you do anything. I don't think it's a severe safety issue so I don't mind if you use it. But to claim that nothing is incorrect is simply wrong.

I opted toward this forum over the other, initially, due to less ad's and (apparently) less censorship. But now it seems to just be a place where old guys hang out that don't want to admit their fault, or progress their knowledge. When one brings up technicalities they're being "mean" and "negative." Not like anyone does things "right" for the right reasons, or anything...

It's actually almost incredible how much more technical discussion goes down there compared to here. So you old farts can feel free to sit around and kumbaya about us dumb youngsters stirring the pot with our "facts" and "knowledge" here all you want. Thankfully there are at least a few guys out there not afraid to call out Eibach for using the wrong parts when building their shocks.

lol.

I was nice to Drobs. Yeahhh.. I see your colors. I'm gonna have to take that "advice" you gave me over there and throw it in the trash along with all the other crap that simple people say to help themselves sleep better at night. It's OK that you're average or below though, someone has to be, so don't feel too bad.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    CORunner likes this.
  15. Apr 21, 2021 at 7:48 AM
    koukimonster

koukimonster DYNO4

Member:
    Appalachia
    Vehicle:
    Midnight Venture
    That was the same shock that is included in this kit. While it probably isn't a big deal practically, the fact is that Eibach's lower bushing is incorrect, and too narrow. This results in the LCA shock receiver mount bending-in to accommodate the incorrect bushing size. Whether or not that is something you care about comes down to your personal preferences, etc. It is "close enough" and "works," sure.

16. Apr 21, 2021 at 7:51 AM
    koukimonster

koukimonster DYNO4

Member:
    Appalachia
    Vehicle:
    Midnight Venture
    I am sincerely curious as to what you mean when you claim that "I don't know what I'm doing."

I don't know how to tighten a bolt? Install suspension? Check clearance between parts that should fit snugly before bolting them down?

Or is it.. take what's given to me without critically thinking because I'm just a bro trying to lift my sweet truck for "teh hoez?" Yeah, I don't know how to do that, I guess.

Heaven forbid someone attempts to progress the community's knowledge!

Clowns, indeed.

17. Apr 21, 2021 at 10:41 AM
    nimby

nimby in the drink

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    California
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5P
    Remember when you were arguing that it was impossible for the caster adjustment to change the wheel position in the wheel well? Then I posted that video of the caster adjustment changing the wheel position in the wheel well?

Remember when you said the stock front spring rate was 500lbs? Then I posted that chart that showed it was 589lbs?

Remember when you claimed that most lifted 4Runners are bro-leaned? I didn't even argue that one because it was so dumb.

Remember when you claimed your Eibach bushing was loose before you had torqued the bolt, but then you torqued the bolt and it was tight?

Yep, you sure know what you're doing. It sounds like you have have a lot of life experience. How old are you by the way?

18. Apr 21, 2021 at 1:02 PM
    koukimonster

koukimonster DYNO4

Member:
    Appalachia
    Vehicle:
    Midnight Venture
    I don't have time for you. Go re-read those threads. I have proven you wrong every time, but you just don't get it, or are too stubborn to admit it. Believe what you want - I don't care. It's too bad that you give out incorrect information to those who don't know better.. it is what it is.. Plenty of people out there are just like you, unfortunately.

19. Apr 21, 2021 at 2:27 PM
    nimby

nimby in the drink

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    California
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5P
    Lol.

How old are you again?

Tell us about all your life experience.

20. Apr 21, 2021 at 3:27 PM
    thirdyota

thirdyota shouldn't be trusted

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    2017 T4R TRD Off Road Premium
  21. Apr 21, 2021 at 5:19 PM
    21TOR

21TOR New Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2018 4Runner
    Some
    :popcorn:

CORunner likes this.
  22. Apr 21, 2021 at 6:12 PM
    nimby

nimby in the drink

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    California
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5P

:rofl:

CORunner likes this.
  23. Apr 21, 2021 at 7:24 PM
    bear1998

bear1998 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Vehicle:
    2011 Shoreline Blue Pearl Limited, ...2004 Dark Blue Sport 4.7l .
    Kids!!!

CORunner likes this.
  24. Apr 22, 2021 at 11:44 AM
    koukimonster

koukimonster DYNO4

Member:
    Appalachia
    Vehicle:
    Midnight Venture
    So, just in case anyone comes to this thread looking for facts.. here's the deal:

It is fairly documented that Toyota changed the size of the LCA mount, and thus the size of the lower bushing, around 2010. Experienced Toyota mechanics are aware of this as the change was somewhat noticeable and caused additional concerns when switching FJ Cruiser suspension (because the changed happened mid-Generation for the FJ).

If you look at Eibach's install document, that also lists the parts used in their shock, which can be found here: https://eibach.com/us/pdf/327791 , it clearly lists the part number for the bushing as 90389-A0001. Look that part number up and you will see that it is the part used on 4G 4Runners, as well as pre-2010 FJ's.

The part number for the 5G lower shock bushing is 48536-60010. Go ahead, look it up!

If that isn't enough, here are photos that compare the incorrect bushing, which is still used by Eibach, to the correct bushing.

OE, correct, 5G bushing:
    [​IMG]

Eibach, incorrect, 4G bushing:
    [​IMG]

This matters to some, but not all (obviously).

Cheers.

25. Apr 22, 2021 at 5:36 PM
    nimby

nimby in the drink

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    California
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5P
    Couple of quick questions....

What are Toyota's acceptable tolerances on these bushings so I can compare specs?

If you torque the lower shock mount bolt down to Toyota specs, is there any play with the smaller bushing?

26. Apr 23, 2021 at 8:20 AM
    Tricio69

Tricio69 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Warning for all, Wheelers Offroad decided to charge my cc (charge, not just pending) for my order from back in March for the kit which is now delayed until mid-June (after telling me just Monday mine will be in mid-May). Between all the info on here about bushings, delays, etc. and now charging for something that who knows when will be delivered, I cancelled my order. Totally shady business practices from Wheelers and I have zero faith in Eibach now.

27. Apr 23, 2021 at 9:59 AM
    koukimonster

koukimonster DYNO4

Member:
    Appalachia
    Vehicle:
    Midnight Venture
    As I am not a Professional Engineer, I do not know the generally accepted tolerances in a location such as that off the top of my head. That said, upon a cursory Google session, I'm seeing somewhere in the range of 0.01-0.02 mm of tolerance in a shaft/hole fit under the appropriate force/slip category and given the size of the part (bushing). It's possible that category isn't appropriate, but I don't have hours to filter through the documentation and learn yet another professional's job right now. And I don't need it.. because.. if the difference between the old bushing and new is ~2mm (which we've clearly shown), and that is within the acceptable tolerance, why would Toyota spend money to develop and fit an updated bushing? They wouldn't. So, surely, 2mm is outside of the acceptable tolerance. In other words, it isn't right.

To your second question. Sure, once I bend the mount to the incorrect bushing's size, there is no play. So? I can put a 4G bumper on my 5G, then bash all the metal in where it doesn't fit.. and make a Frankenstein project that looks like crap. Then what, say "It fits!" ? No, I don't think so. That doesn't mean that the 4G bumper fits as it should.

There are tolerances for a reason. Engineers have decided upon these figures so that things work reasonably, while keeping manufacturing costs to a minimum. Things outside of tolerance can make it in the hole, and sometimes the hole crushed to accept, but that doesn't mean they fit properly.

Some of us want a "close enough" modded truck, as long as safety isn't a concern. Some, clearly, hardly even consider safety when modding their vehicle. Some of us want a modded vehicle that is still up to approved, standardized, best practices.. so that we can feel confident that our modded vehicle is still 100% as reliable as it would be if a professional engineer designed it.

Again, it is up to you to decide if you are comfortable with the situation. Eibach has either decided they are comfortable with it, or they are ignorant to the situation. Perhaps they'll chime in and let us know. I doubt it. I'm just throwing the info out there so that us consumers are not ignorant of the situation. Sorry, not sorry that it seemed to really ruffle some feathers around here. I am sure that many won't care about the ill-fitting bushing, because in the end it may have very minor consequences. Personally, I feel more empowered in my decision making abilities regarding suspension because I know this tid-bit about Eibach manufacturing, as well as their response.

Where'd all the popcorn go??

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    CORunner likes this.
  28. Apr 23, 2021 at 10:08 AM
    koukimonster

koukimonster DYNO4

Member:
    Appalachia
    Vehicle:
    Midnight Venture
    It might seem odd coming from me, but zero faith in Eibach might be a bit harsh. Personally, I am choosing to run their shocks.. however I'll admit that I probably would not had I not already gone through the trouble of buying them and installing them. Unfortunately, if you look hard enough, you will find errors in judgement by most of the available manufacturers. Greed and laziness are very real. Bilstein definitely has their own issues. There is a lot to think about if you're the discerning type.

Regarding Wheeler's.. yeah, it seems kind of sad/frustrating what's going on over there. I really don't know.. but apparently they were recently acquired by a new parent company.. and that probably has a lot to do with the new issues some of us seem to be having with Wheeler's. Some of the reps I spoke with there seemed genuine, but one can only do so much when your boss (Trail Gear) is pushing you in the other direction. They were very clear with me that they have a new payment system since the acquisition, and that they are having issues with it charging for orders that haven't shipped, after a period of time in "pending status" - they said I'd have to call in and they'd take care of it (still annoying for the consumer, but at least they were somewhat trying over there). It sounds like they were not that upfront with you. They probably only told me that info because I'm the annoying type that wants all the details. ;)

Good luck, sincerely, with whatever direction you choose! Lots of (stimmy) money floating around right now so it really appears to be a seller's market!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  29. Apr 23, 2021 at 10:27 AM
    Tricio69

Tricio69 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Only options given to me with the person I spoke to was 1) live with it being charged and no idea when it will ship or 2)cancel the order. With that kind of customer service, I chose option 2, because if that is how they are now, how will they be if there is an issue with the lift?

koukimonster[QUOTED] likes this.
  30. Apr 23, 2021 at 11:35 AM
    koukimonster

koukimonster DYNO4

Member:
    Appalachia
    Vehicle:
    Midnight Venture
    Yeah, that's insane. Personally, I take an approach of "you'll have the money when I have my item." Or least prove that you've sent me my item and it is now in the custody of the shipper. If it is a super-custom item, such as bumpers/sliders for our vehicles, I get that the small biz making the item might need an up-front investment so that they may purchase the materials and assure you will follow through with the transaction once the product is finished.. however, I feel that many "fabbers" are really taking advantage of that courtesy these days by expecting full payment up front on items that take 3 months to build.. especially when these items are absolutely in demand (hence the wait times), so it's not like the manufacturer is taking any risk by investing in the product for their own inventory (should you bail on the order).

Products Discussed in

To Top