1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Drop in speaker suggestions

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Ol'Blue, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Jun 28, 2015 at 7:45 PM
    Ol'Blue

Ol'Blue [OP] New Member

Member:
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    Vehicle:
    99 T4R LTD- 33's and locked, 01 SR5-,SAS Sold...
    A few things here and there. Still dreaming up stuff
    Ok so I'm not and audio god at all and do not pretend to be. What is good on that market today for drop in speakers for a 3rd gen. I have Memphis set up in one and like it but not sure if I want that on the other. Not really looking for high end but not walmart stuff either. Just after good clean audio with maybe 300 watt amp to clean it all up with. Thinking maybe a 6 channel or so. Thought guys and gals????

Blue

2. Jan 10, 2017 at 12:24 PM
    BBarnhouse

BBarnhouse New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Spokane WA
    Vehicle:
    '97 4runner
    Toytec coilover kit front Bilstein 5100 rear w/ Toytec super flex coils 33 bfg mt's on powder coated tundra 17's Diff drop Breather mod Kenwood double din, pair of Soundstream reference 8" subwoofers And lots more, as well as more to be added!
    I know this is old, but felt I still need to comment lol, used to tint windows for an audio shop back in the day, high schools times..anyways Hertz speakers for 3rd gen are amazing..they're more high end but they offer a lower cost all the way up to crazy expensive..could get all 4 in a 3rd gen for 350 or less depending on where you shopped...even without an amp they're great, use em in all my yotas and wheelin rigs and they've all withstand the abuse and still sound great to this day!

Palerider likes this.
  3. Jan 12, 2017 at 5:56 AM
    Ol'Blue

Ol'Blue [OP] New Member

Member:
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    Vehicle:
    99 T4R LTD- 33's and locked, 01 SR5-,SAS Sold...
    A few things here and there. Still dreaming up stuff
    Funny because that is what I ended up going with are the Hertz and a pair of Memphis in the back. Sounds pretty good with that Kenwood head unit and no amp. I'm sure it would scream if I put 250 to it and cleaned it up some. I want to get a 10 in sub at some point but I have not yet. I love clean audio not that rattle your rig shit.

Palerider and BBarnhouse like this.
  4. Jan 12, 2017 at 10:31 AM
    4x4Addict

4x4Addict New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Owen
    Chico, Ca
    Vehicle:
    '96 4Runner SR5
    Magnusun Supercharger URD 7th Injector Yota1 Performance Rebuilt Motor OE Locker Suspension... Sound System... Bumper...
    I have Rockford Fosgates in mine, they sound amazing! I also have a 10" kicker sub with a boss amp.

5. Jan 12, 2017 at 10:33 AM
    4x4Addict

4x4Addict New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Owen
    Chico, Ca
    Vehicle:
    '96 4Runner SR5
    Magnusun Supercharger URD 7th Injector Yota1 Performance Rebuilt Motor OE Locker Suspension... Sound System... Bumper...
    Oh and post note, the 10" sub doesn't rattle the glass unless it is turned up all the way with max power going to it from the amp. If you get a sealed box vs a ported one, the bass will be cleaner and it will not rattle nearly as much as a ported box.

6. Jan 12, 2017 at 10:50 AM
    BBarnhouse

BBarnhouse New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Spokane WA
    Vehicle:
    '97 4runner
    Toytec coilover kit front Bilstein 5100 rear w/ Toytec super flex coils 33 bfg mt's on powder coated tundra 17's Diff drop Breather mod Kenwood double din, pair of Soundstream reference 8" subwoofers And lots more, as well as more to be added!
    Agreed^^^ I have 2 soundstream reference 8" subwoofers in a sealed box (tiny box: 22x10.5x8) .62 cf per sub...but they're almost too loud for me I always keep the bass knob turned all the way down. Well until that 1 song I need just a little bit more bass with

7. Jan 12, 2017 at 5:58 PM
    BBarnhouse

BBarnhouse New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Spokane WA
    Vehicle:
    '97 4runner
    @Ol'Blue that's kind of cool after a year and a half somebody finally posted on this old thread and the recommendation ended up being exactly what you you went with! Haha right on! But you can't go wrong with 8" or even 10" but cleanest sounding is by far sealed enclosures, you have more control over your subwoofer(s) In sealed enc. Vs. A ported one! Reason I got sound stream 8" subwoofers is they were 60 bucks each and they're unreal for the amount of clean bass they produce, 500w rms each...running a rockford p300.1 bridged to both subs...oh yeah 2 year warranty as well!!

Ol'Blue[OP] and Palerider like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top