1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Drive line noise.

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by ramjethunt, May 11, 2019.

1. May 11, 2019 at 8:16 PM
    ramjethunt

ramjethunt [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 4runner TRD Off Road Supreme
    Ready Lift 3" by 2" lift
    Hello! I'm a new member to the forum. Recently I traded my 2017 SR5 4x4 4runner for a 2019 TRD Off Road 4x4 4runner. As I have done in the past I installed a Ready Lift 3" in the front 2" in the back leveling kit to meet my off road and hunting needs. The problem that developed is a noise that sounds like a universal on the rear drive line going out when I drive. The noise is absolutely speed related and is getting louder by the mile. I have completed numerous inspections on all of the components of the lift and the drive lines but I can't find any tells. Everything seems to be in order. Has anyone else had similar issues with a leveling lift or have any ideas what might be causing the noise? RJ

2. May 11, 2019 at 8:22 PM
    WallyT4R

WallyT4R New Member

Member:
    Take it back to the dealer. There have been some bearing and pinion issues lately, you may have one of the bad ones. Should be warrantied

3. May 11, 2019 at 8:28 PM
    ramjethunt

ramjethunt [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 4runner TRD Off Road Supreme
    Ready Lift 3" by 2" lift
    That is definitely a option that I'm looking at. I have not heard a lot about issues with the Gen 5. I pounded 31k on my 2017 with literally zero issues. The only difference in the leveling lift between the two is 1 1/2" in the back on the 2017 and 2" in the back on the 2019. As far as I can tell there is no adjustments for the pinion angle. Thanks for the info. RJ

Products Discussed in

To Top