1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Controller mounting on 2016 4Runner

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by RoverMorganMan, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Apr 17, 2017 at 5:30 AM
    RoverMorganMan

RoverMorganMan [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Elton
    My wife bought a 2016 4Runner last November and we love it! Now is the time to prepare it to tow a 14 foot box trailer with two axles and brakes on both. I bought from Amazon a Tekonsha Primus controller and now wonder where is best to put it. The usual mount seems to be on the left of the steering wheel about knee level. That seems to be really in the way. Where have you guys mounted yours? How about in the cubby below the computer controls? Love to hear your experiences. Thanks! Elton

2. Apr 17, 2017 at 1:05 PM
    Four Strings

Four Strings New Member

Member:
    Did this in my old Tundra. It's a block of wood wrapped with outdoor carpet. The block was cut to fit in the space in front of the shifter. You might be able to do the same thing in the rectangular space to the right of the cup holder.

Screenshot 2017-04-17 15.03.28.jpg

3. Apr 18, 2017 at 7:20 AM
    RoverMorganMan

RoverMorganMan [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Elton
    Thank you Four Strings! That is a really neat application. My vehicle has a really handy cup holder there so I am not quite sure, but the research continues. Thanks again! Elton

Products Discussed in

To Top