1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Considering Purchase of 2019 Trd Pro

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by wdsteven, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Dec 14, 2020 at 4:27 PM
    wdsteven

wdsteven [OP] New Member

Member:
    I am looking at making a Jump back into the 4Runner after several years of Other Toyota's and Have Eye on a 2019 Trd Pro with 27,000 Miles on it however have some questions before going that route.
    First How is the Trd Pro Suspension? it seems to sit Lower than I expected. I have a 2018 Trd Pro Tacoma that I am comparing it to.
    Getting it into 4 Wheel Drive was not as smooth as I expected it took several attempts for 4H and same with 4L both times did it at stand still for both and rolling for 4H Potential issue? I had a 2007 Manual FJ Cruiser that went in to both easier.
    I see on the Toyota owner's site that at 14 miles it had a P07 code come up only thing I see was it was reset. concerns?
    Do I look at it closer or Run away? and go after a Trd Off Road and build suspension up from there ?
    BTW the price was on the high end but got it down below Edmunds trade in value.

Bob and Han4Run like this.
  2. Dec 14, 2020 at 5:40 PM
    Thatbassguy

Thatbassguy New member? Really??

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    S/E Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRDORP, KDSS, MGM
    RSG sliders, Yakima offgrid basket, Pro-Comp wheels, SOS Streamline bumper and skids, Warn VR EVO10S winch + Ultimate Sidewinder, Bilstein 6112 + 5100 + rear lift coils, Rigid Dually SS ditch lights w/Caliraised brackets and OEM style dash switch
    If you're wanting a taller lift, I would not spend the extra money on a PRO. The shocks are the biggest upgrade. If you're going to replace them, you might as well save some money. Unless you just really want a PRO.

If they're willing to sell you a PRO for below trade in value, I would be suspicious. Check the carfax, it may have been in an accident.

Red_5, Han4Run, Singleminded and 5 others like this.
  3. Dec 14, 2020 at 5:46 PM
    ruiz4251

ruiz4251 "but it was funny huh?"

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    16 Trail Premium
    ICON custom stage 6 3"; 33's; gobi rack; SSO bumper; SSO high clearance; Rigid lights; 10k X2o winch; AFe intake; brola cat back; tint; aftermarket sound; opor sliders; pedal commander, viper smart start mobile tracker, Canvasback Liner; Rago rear window molles; victory 4x4 center console molle; cbi front skid steel; cbi aluminum tran skid; rci fuel aluminum skid; rci dif skid; rago rear shock skids; rci lower link skids; tenton workshop shift knob; yoga shop grenade trans knob;alpha rex headlights; USR blacked out tails; USR turns to turns; blacked out sequential mirror turn
    What he said (thatbassguy) James

7385 and Thatbassguy like this.
  4. Dec 14, 2020 at 5:50 PM
    wdsteven

wdsteven [OP] New Member

Member:
    Thanks for the Reply yes I have checked the Carfax report and only thing I see that concerns me from that is that it went a little long before one of the oil change and tire rotation not listed but once for 27,000 Miles so up keep is questionable

Thatbassguy[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Dec 14, 2020 at 5:54 PM
    Thatbassguy

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    S/E Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRDORP, KDSS, MGM
    RSG sliders, Yakima offgrid basket, Pro-Comp wheels, SOS Streamline bumper and skids, Warn VR EVO10S winch + Ultimate Sidewinder, Bilstein 6112 + 5100 + rear lift coils, Rigid Dually SS ditch lights w/Caliraised brackets and OEM style dash switch
    If you decide to pursue it, it might be worth taking it to a good mechanic and getting it inspected. Sometimes things don't show up on Carfax, but an experienced mechanic might notice.

The fact they're willing to sell a PRO below trade in value just doesn't sit right. Is this place reputable?

Or, if it's a private party sale, that's a different scenario.

Singleminded and 7385 like this.
  6. Dec 14, 2020 at 6:26 PM
    wdsteven

wdsteven [OP] New Member

Member:
    it is a large Dealership however it is a Ford dealer and one item that does not sit well is they did not clean it or detail it before showing, some items listed to be "with" it and are not there I don't know the more I search this forum the more I get gut feeling I am missing something because now when I run the Edmunds report it shows 3 owners instead of 2 and first owner a business in florida drove it less than 500 miles 2nd owner 0 miles and 3rd 22,000 miles. I could be wrong but it is kinda odd the selling dealer drop 5K off. down from 46 to 41

7385 and Thatbassguy[QUOTED] like this.
  7. Dec 14, 2020 at 6:56 PM
    Thatbassguy

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    S/E Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRDORP, KDSS, MGM

Yeah, that's all a little weird.

Let us know what you decide. I'll be waiting for pictures of whatever you end up in! :)

7385 likes this.
  8. Dec 14, 2020 at 6:59 PM
    wdsteven

wdsteven [OP] New Member

Member:
    after a lot of time and investigation this Trd pro is Off my list I got the Full CarFax on it and like my gut feeling it has been thru so many hands in such a short time with the first owner only doing 106 miles then sold it at 3 month ownership then a dealer kept it and drove it for 5156 miles then sold it to another Dealer that sold it to yet another Dealer with 10,278 miles on it who in turn sold it to a private owner who drove it for 10,438 miles and traded it in to a Toyota Dealer who in turn released it to the current dealer that has it for sale <----- with all that going on Nope this is Not what I want to take back country driving there has to be something going on with it for it to change hands so many times in such a short time less than 2 years.
    @Thatbassguy Thanks for the Push back it made me look harder to find what I was not wanting to see. So now I am looking at a Trd Off Road Premium to see what is there

Thatbassguy and 7385 like this.
  9. Dec 14, 2020 at 7:04 PM
    wdsteven

wdsteven [OP] New Member

Member:
    When I get :curls: one I will

Han4Run, Thatbassguy[QUOTED] and 7385 like this.
  10. Dec 14, 2020 at 7:57 PM
    flyinhoot

flyinhoot When in doubt, Throttle out.

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Pro 4Runner "Trudy"
    Monochrome everything. LED reverse lights.
    Curious what you mean here. Sounds like it was a 4Runner someone put pro badges on. All pros have the same configuration and amenities, at least inside.

Han4Run and Thatbassguy like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top