1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ceramic Coating

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Kd041272, May 2, 2021.

1. May 2, 2021 at 5:39 PM
    Kd041272

Kd041272 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 cement 4runner
    Anyone had their 4runner ceramic coated and regretted it after? Is it worth it? I’ve been quoted $1700 for 9yr guarantee.

2. May 3, 2021 at 6:39 PM
    SoCoRuss

SoCoRuss New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 4Runner
    I turned it down at the dealer for $1400 a little over a year ago. To me It appears to just be a REALLY good wax for folks that dont want to wax. There are ceramic waxes out there to use. My neighbor got it last year and I cant see the difference between his 4Runner and mine on shine or water beading. I wash it regularly no matter the season, if its dirty I wash it. We wax twice a year with a good quality wax. My wife uses rain x on windows and 303's the plastic trim. When we trade cars in, the dealers are amazed at their condition. I guess it depends on how much work you want to do on vehicles.
    Some folks say it helps stops rock chips, I doubt that highly. I live on the southern front range in Colorado so I KNOW rock chips. My neighbor said that it did so I said show me in warranty paperwork and its not there. There are other threads on this.

Kd041272[OP] likes this.
  3. May 5, 2021 at 1:37 AM
    dricko

dricko New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick W.
    PPF is a good alternative to protect your rig from small rocks and minor scratches.

Products Discussed in

To Top