1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Catalytic theif

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by Raptrlvr, Aug 26, 2022.

1. Sep 19, 2022 at 11:01 AM
    Rock-N-Roll

Rock-N-Roll TRD Amateur

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2021 T4R ORP w/ KDSS
    Thanks all. While it certainly took a lot of hard work to get to where I can not only afford a 4Runner but can do silly and possibly foolish things with it, I got lucky. Lucky that I am relatively intelligent. Lucky that so many people along the way gave me chances with places to stay and job opportunities. I could go on and on. Part of me keeps saying that I should do the same for others but I have trust issues. It is sad that people would rather cut corners and put so much energy into taking instead of building or giving. I put RCI armor with the cat protection on the 4R because I'm afraid of what I might do to the idiot or idiots trying to steal my cats. :cheers: Again... trust issues. :annoyed:

2Toys likes this.
  2. Sep 19, 2022 at 11:17 AM
    Tmiesowicz

Tmiesowicz New Member

Member:
    The better half of New York
    Vehicle:
    2022 sr5 premium 4x4 (sold) 2022 ram classic tradesman 5.7L 4x4 (current)
    You are not the only one with trust issues, while I wasn’t the brightest when younger I Got smarter and more mature with age…there are people I went to high school with that I used to hang out with everyday doing not the smartest things, I went one way and they stayed in there shitty path ways. Some people I used to see daily I don’t even want knowing where I live now as they became drug addicted thieves. If they will steal from there own family’s why not distant old friends to. It’s sad.

Rock-N-Roll[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Sep 19, 2022 at 11:19 AM
    Rock-N-Roll

Rock-N-Roll TRD Amateur

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2021 T4R ORP w/ KDSS

I hope they pick up on those lessons! My personal opinion is that the price of freedom is personal responsibility. To be responsible for your own fortune. To be responsible to not impact someone else's right to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" or whatever you take from our constitution. Go out and make your life better and make the lives of people around you better. (sounds grand but I fall short of this a lot in my opinion, but I still try). I'm with you that I think that the newer generations are missing this entirely. I think it's probably a combination of social media, one-size-fits-all education, parenting and that we have a government telling everyone how they should act and treat people (pick a side because it doesn't matter that much)... which lends itself to a lack of accountability. Again, a personal opinion. I'm not religious but I'm praying for humanity and our country right now. lol

This is why I go to places most others cannot follow. And of those that can follow, we are all from different backgrounds and schools of thought.... but we all get the beauty of being out in the wild and having to come together to solve problems that come up.

(Sorry for the deep dive. Just having a rough day at work and this is relevant in my personal/family life right now) :crapstorm:

Ricphoto and 4runGirl88[QUOTED] like this.
  4. Sep 19, 2022 at 11:26 AM
    Tmiesowicz

Tmiesowicz New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Your deep dives are ok let it out. & a rough day at work is probably still better vs a rough night under a bridge!!!

5. Sep 19, 2022 at 11:27 AM
    Rock-N-Roll

Rock-N-Roll TRD Amateur

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2021 T4R ORP w/ KDSS

I recently had a friend come out to Colorado from where I came from. We were tight, in shenanigans together as teens and young adults in ways I won't go into, and parted ways on good terms.

We met at a bar before a Black Crowes concert at Red Rocks to catch up this year. I learned that everyone (and I mean everyone) from back then was in jail, dead for a number of reasons or living at the bottom of the barrel. I'm super lucky to have found a way out. None of those I was closest with managed to do the same. I have some weird form of PTSD or guilt from not being there to help them. I think we share some experience here and I'm glad you made it. I guess you can't save people from themselves. If you're ever in Co, hit me up. I would love to get some face time.

6. Sep 19, 2022 at 11:36 AM
    Tmiesowicz

Tmiesowicz New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Maybe one day I will be able to visit the beautiful mountains out there! Unfortunately it is very far away from where I am. The story with your meet up most certainly seems familiar to how my past friends are. At some point the shenanigans have to stop and you gotta grow up and start doing life (hopefully not behind bars) lol

7. Sep 19, 2022 at 11:36 AM
    Rock-N-Roll

Rock-N-Roll TRD Amateur

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2021 T4R ORP w/ KDSS
    And now... back to your regularly scheduled programming about Cat thefts.

4runGirl88 and Tmiesowicz like this.
  8. Sep 19, 2022 at 11:41 AM
    Tmiesowicz

Tmiesowicz New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    They are targeting the campus I work on now. Good thing they removed the fence around the lot where all the facilities vans are parked at night where you don’t need to jack them up to cut them out. ( older style E series with 4.6L v8’s)

4runGirl88 and Thatbassguy like this.
  9. Sep 19, 2022 at 11:46 AM
    Rock-N-Roll

Rock-N-Roll TRD Amateur

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2021 T4R ORP w/ KDSS
    Leadership at it's finest. Do you have armor for your cat converters? I didn't want to deal with insurance, deductibles etc... which is why I covered mine.

4runGirl88 and Thatbassguy like this.
  10. Sep 19, 2022 at 12:06 PM
    Tmiesowicz

Tmiesowicz New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I do not, I have been fortunate enough to not have them in my area at home & if they come into my parking lot at work we could take care of them pretty quick.

Products Discussed in

To Top