1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Car rental costs through the roof ^^^

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Moon Landing, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Feb 14, 2021 at 10:57 AM
    Moon Landing

Moon Landing [OP] AFFTC 1967/68 Eddies Air Patch

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    La Quinta, Ca. AKA "The Skillet"
    Vehicle:
    Moon Rock 4Runner
    Nam 68/69
    Picking up the new truck requires I rent a vehicle to travel the 90 miles. Have done this with a few motorcycle purchases in the past. It's a KISS approach and I don't have to lean on anyone. Anyway, in 2016 I rented one way from Enterprise for a 150 mile trip....cost was sub $100.00 including fuel. This trip is less than 90 miles and the cost one way since '16 has more than doubled to about $2.25 a mile. Insane.:rant:over:)

2. Feb 21, 2021 at 6:35 PM
    glwood54

glwood54 Stop making me buy stuff!

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2019 OR, KDSS, RSG sliders, Eibach shocks, 265/70 Falken Wildpeaks
    I imagine it has really taken a hike lately. My wife and I were on a trip home from Moab on New Year's Eve 2012 and my Tacoma hit a patch of icy road and slid into a ditch. We were transported to the hospital by ambulance to Cortez, CO for back injuries. Once released from the hospital later that evening, we still had to get home somehow - my truck had been towed to the impound lot. It wasn't fit to be driven in any case. Long story short, we had to get a one-way rental to Albuquerque in Cortez - I think we got the last rental vehicle in town, and I remember thinking it cost a fortune...at least we got home.

Toy4X4 and Moon Landing[OP] like this.
  3. Feb 22, 2021 at 8:03 AM
    importman

importman The mountains are calling and I must go...

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Carolinas
    Vehicle:
    05 Silver SR5 V6 4X4
    Blacked out, Ironman 3" Nitro Gas Suspension lift, JBA High Caster upper control arms, Differential drop and sway bar relocate, Upgraded to Sport Front Cardone Calipers with Brembo Rotors and Akebono Pads, Added Spoiler, Sony XAV-AX100 with Apple Carplay, USB Jack, Backup Camera, Black TRD Pro Wheels with General Grabber ATX 265/70/17, Rear differential vent extension, Auto Dimming Mirror with Compass and Homelink, Map Light Mod, Tekonsha 90160 Trailer Brake Controller, Recoil SL1708 Sub, Sealight LED Headlamps, K&N drop in air filter, Weathertech floor mats, Homemade rear storage compartment with built in pull out table.
    I don't know about the price increase, (haven't rented a car in 10 years). But I do know a one way rental is much higher. Something about not having the vehicle where it needs to be. I flew from Kansas City back to Charlotte in 2005 heading to my home in SC. We landed in a tremendous storm in Charlotte. I lost my nerve and couldn't convince myself to get on the little puddle jumper to finish the last leg of my trip. Ended up renting for about $200 to go 125 miles.

Moon Landing[OP] likes this.
  4. Feb 22, 2021 at 8:09 AM
    Moon Landing

Moon Landing [OP] AFFTC 1967/68 Eddies Air Patch

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    La Quinta, Ca. AKA "The Skillet"
    Vehicle:
    Moon Rock 4Runner
    Nam 68/69
    Smart move.

5. Feb 22, 2021 at 8:18 AM
    importman

importman The mountains are calling and I must go...

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Carolinas
    Vehicle:
    05 Silver SR5 V6 4X4
    Blacked out, Ironman 3" Nitro Gas Suspension lift, JBA High Caster upper control arms, Differential drop and sway bar relocate, Upgraded to Sport Front Cardone Calipers with Brembo Rotors and Akebono Pads, Added Spoiler, Sony XAV-AX100 with Apple Carplay, USB Jack, Backup Camera, Black TRD Pro Wheels with General Grabber ATX 265/70/17, Rear differential vent extension, Auto Dimming Mirror with Compass and Homelink, Map Light Mod, Tekonsha 90160 Trailer Brake Controller, Recoil SL1708 Sub, Sealight LED Headlamps, K&N drop in air filter, Weathertech floor mats, Homemade rear storage compartment with built in pull out table.
    Yeah, it's the only time I've ever been really afraid while flying. It took the pilot several tries to get us on the ground. One time we were within about 20-40 feet of the runway with the plane rocking hard left to right. He pulled up and circled for a little bit more and finally got us down safe. By then I wasn't getting on another plane that night, especially a little twin prop puddle jumper.

6. Feb 22, 2021 at 8:34 AM
    ForRun

ForRun 4Runner

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 orp
    4runners shouldn’t need rentals

Moon Landing[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top