1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Can’t find much (knock sensor)

Discussion in '2nd Gen 4Runners (1990-1995)' started by Twisted Bow, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Nov 14, 2019 at 8:34 AM
    Twisted Bow

Twisted Bow [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '95 3.0
    I did a knock sensor repair on my 95 3.0 but the code only cleared for a week. Now when it trips the power loss is slightly worse, sometimes it doesn’t even shift into 4+ and I have to stop and start the truck again. I replaced the sensor and wire, seals all the way to the sensor, thermostat and timing belts as well as had a buddy blast out the injectors at his shop with a sonic pick or whatever it’s called (a marine engine shop setup). There was a coolant leak as well but that just took cutting off about a half inch of hose. Did I miss something going in or out? Is there even anything else that does trip the sensor?

2. Nov 21, 2019 at 10:32 AM
    Fourtoad

Fourtoad Gatorgrl's Yotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Gatorgrl
    SWFL
    Vehicle:
    1991 V6 5 speed super clean, Black and grey
    Stock with headers and after market wheels.
    Did you use an OEM Toyota knock sensor? ($300)
    We had a gremlin such as this and after much was replaced, it wound up being the Circuit Opening Relay and the Fuel Pressure Sending Unit. No codes were ever thrown though. It would just fall into limp mode after about 10 minutes of driving.

Products Discussed in

To Top