1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Buying 95 runner on friday? What should I be looking for

Discussion in '2nd Gen 4Runners (1990-1995)' started by kotipelto, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Aug 31, 2016 at 10:41 AM
    kotipelto

kotipelto [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Troy
    Vehicle:
    95 sr5 3.0 4runner
    Im buying a 95 runner 3.0 with automatic transmission Friday and need a heads up on what to be looking for when I go and inspect this truck. The kid says it has been well maintained and that everything is in working order so I need to know what to be looking for on these. Love these trucks! my toyota 1.jpg

toyota 2.jpg

2. Aug 31, 2016 at 3:07 PM
    Ol'Blue

Ol'Blue New Member

Member:
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    Vehicle:
    99 T4R LTD- 33's and locked, 01 SR5-,SAS Sold...
    A few things here and there. Still dreaming up stuff
    What part of Calie are you in man?

3. Sep 1, 2016 at 6:17 AM
    kotipelto

kotipelto [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Troy
    Vehicle:
    95 sr5 3.0 4runner
    Hey Ole'Blue. late reply here. I live in Sacramento. Can you please give me a little check list to go through before I buy it? Buying Friday morning. I also found 97 with 180,000 miles on it and 93 4x4 with 90,000 on a rebuilt motor right in my price range.
    Im not really concerned about replacing engines and trannys or any parts. I got good deals on all of them . I know about the sag in the rear ends on the 3rd gen and the tranny fluid mixing with the coolant on some of them. Im trying to cram all the information I can before I buy:D

71.jpg
    972.jpg
    black5.jpg

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  4. Sep 1, 2016 at 7:59 AM
    Ol'Blue

Ol'Blue New Member

Member:
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    Vehicle:
    99 T4R LTD- 33's and locked, 01 SR5-,SAS Sold...
    A few things here and there. Still dreaming up stuff
    Ok let me first start off with this. I'm really biased when it comes to 4runners. Plain and simple it's really hard to beat a 3rd gen. Period plain and simple. I'm not saying there's not other good models out there but for reliability ease of Maintenance you can't beat the third gen. Honestly don't buy that 95. That 3.0 engine is gutless and just a turd all atound. The 3.4 is leaps and bound better and less headgasket issues also.

Now with that out of the way. That white one would be a good start if you can get it for the right price. Is it 4x4? If not pass on it and get one that is you will be ice happier in the I promise you that even if you don't use it that much. Look at a 99 or 00 limited with multi mode 4x4. It's the cats ass buddy. That AWD is SO nice just on a rainy day.

Hope this helps out.

Products Discussed in

To Top