1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bilsteins and FJ Coils with Steel Bumper?

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by Stuck CAPS, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Jan 16, 2017 at 8:02 PM
    Stuck CAPS

Stuck CAPS [OP] Truck killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Vehicle:
    2007 Nautical Blue Metallic Limited V6 4x4
    ARB Bumper, Some Stuff, Some Other Stuff, and some Stuff.
    So I'm currently running an ARB Front Bumper with a winch, which came on the truck when I bought it. On top of the PITA wiring problems I've been having with the lights on it, the previous owner didn't do much in terms of suspension compensation for the extra weight. It currently rides on stock suspension with Daystar spacers in the front. I know that the 5100's are adjustable, so I'll be able to still level the truck, but I've heard mixed reviews on this setup on how it rides. I really assume anything will beat the ride quality of a spacer lift, but will the 5100's and FJ Coils ride "nicely" with the bumper? I had the FJ shocks and springs with a daystar spacer on my 2wd, and it increased height and made it ride a LOT nicer (but that was probably due to old stockers).

TL;DR: What type of ride quality should I expect with 5100's and a steel bumper compared to stock shocks with spacers? On- and Off- road experience would be helpful

2. Jan 18, 2017 at 9:56 AM
    RonT4R

RonT4R New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2007 4runner SR5 4WD
    Not sure about with a ARB Bumper but I purchased and installed 5100's to level out my ride and it rides pretty damn good.

Products Discussed in

To Top