1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Baja Designs vs Extreme LED light bar in C4 LoPro Bumper?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Jrunr, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Mar 17, 2022 at 2:01 AM
    Jrunr

Jrunr [OP] 2021 TRD Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    2021 Magnetic Grey Metallic TRD Pro
    Has anyone compared the output and performance between the tow option light-bars for the C4 LoPro bumpers? I know there is a huge price delta between the two, but is it worth it? Is the Baja Designs S8 that much better for that particular application?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

bajadesigns likes this.
  2. May 2, 2022 at 2:28 PM
    Jaciro

Jaciro New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    bmw
    Hi, I have never compared different LED lighting in my life because it seems that there is no difference in quality despite the price. They all shine well for their money. For example, I recently wanted to purchase led interior car lights and ordered a random model from VONT on Amazon. I ordered LED light from this company because of the low price and high quality, as it is written in the reviews of this company, that's all. I don't think it's worth testing different LED bulbs or LED strips. I have been using LED lighting in my house for a long time, and I can say that the more expensive LED lighting is, the better.

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  3. May 2, 2022 at 4:45 PM
    bajadesigns

bajadesigns New Member

Member:
    Hello Jrunr,

What kind of use are you looking to get out of the light? Are you an avid off-roader? What type of driving conditions are you going to find yourself in the most?
    The reason I ask is because you can tailor our lights to the driving style and conditions you find yourself in the most, as seen in the photo below you can swap lenses that helps with tailoring the light for your needs.

If you are looking for some technical details on our lights here is some great information about our product and why it is valued differently.

There are a lot of different light manufactures out there, however, not many offer services similar to ours. Although many light manufactures post certain amperage, watts, and lumens; they over look the true value in the light. We are a USA based company that does almost everything in house, so we are able to stand by our product so you know who you are working with and what you bought is as we advertise. Many cheaper light manufactures claim to have numbers that are not entirely accurate when tested. As a US based company we are held to a standard that complies with IP69K; an International Protection Rating is a classification system that defines the degree of protection provided against intrusions.

One of the major difference between our lights and others is, we use a 5000k Kelvin color. This is different then the many cheaper LEDS on the market that are around 700k Calvin. 500k is important to have because it is the most similar color temperature to natural light, this will reduce eye fatigue and increase terrain recognition and not have the blueish hue that comes with a cheaper LED.

When it comes to the design, we make our LED boards out of copperdrive material rather than aluminum to help maintain temperatures and reduce heat. We use 4 levels of thermal management to transfer LED heat up to 3000% more efficiently and provide an extra layer of vibration isolation; creating the highest performing and longest lasting LED light on the market. Our lights will last for an average of 49,930hr

If you do have any problems with the light unlike many other brands; we offer a lifetime warranty; how we are able to do this is; we use a O-ring style seal so that we can replace and repair damaged components, so you do not have to buy a whole new light. The advantage of the O-ring style seal is it allows for lens swapping and lens replacement, so in the event of damage or wanting to change the style of light, you can easily remove a few bolts and replace the lens for different driving conditions and light placement.

Here are a couple photos showing what I was referring to above;
    If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out

Best,
    Brock Brunkhorst

Here is a link explaining the different lighting zones to give you a better understanding of lights to fit your needs.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGOvqHlsT-I&feature=emb_title

[​IMG] [​IMG]

RiverRunner likes this.
  4. May 2, 2022 at 5:31 PM
    mynameistory

mynameistory New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tory
    Vehicle:
    The same 4Runner everyone has
    Get what you pay for. I had an extreme LED bar and returned it, the optics were terrible and just made a vague blob of light. This was much more critical in my case, as it was mounted on the roof and created all kinds of hood glare. I was also not impressed with its construction, the faceplates were made out of soft plastic and were warped from being tightened into place. You might find it to be all right in the front grill, where it can't glare your hood. I switched to Diode Dynamics and the hood is barely illuminated now.

The BD bar will be much better in terms of optic quality and robustness of construction. Whether that's worth the money is up to you.

bajadesigns likes this.
  5. May 2, 2022 at 11:26 PM
    Jrunr

Jrunr [OP] 2021 TRD Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    2021 Magnetic Grey Metallic TRD Pro
    I guess the “ you get what you pay for” is true in most instances then. If I want something to last as long as the 4Runner itself, I should invest wisely.

bajadesigns likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top