1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Backup camera problem.

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Highland424, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Jul 25, 2016 at 12:17 PM
    Highland424

Highland424 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Vehicle:
    2016 White 4Runner
    I just bought a used 2008 4Runner Limited and the CD player would not work. The repair technician said I should upgrade to a better CD player/navigation system/back up camera combo. With this new combo I now have a 2015 map disc as opposed to the 2007 model which came installed from the factory. I was told the new Jensen system would require a new back up camera because the factory camera and the Jensen unit were not compatible. OK so now every thing is installed and all is working great except the new back up camera is not centered on my trailer hitch which I used for my first reference. The Toyota factory camera aligned up perfectly and I could back up to my trailer hitch with ease. Now my back up picture is off set to the left at least half way. The alignment grid on the back up camera screen is centered but the actual picture of what you are backing up to is half off. I went back to the radio shop for what I thought was an adjustment much like mis-aligned headlights but the technician told me he got it centered as best he could and my only other alternative was to center mount the camera under the rear hatch handle or on my rear license plate in the center of the back hatch. Why the mis-alignment and is this my real remedy? Thanks Richard.

Products Discussed in

To Top