1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Auto Climate Control Servo Motor

Discussion in '3rd Gen 4Runners (1996-2002)' started by srgray15, May 26, 2019.

1. May 26, 2019 at 7:49 PM
    srgray15

srgray15 [OP] Routt County 4Runner

Member:
    I have a ‘99 Limited and I know that my auto climate control servo motor on the passenger side is bad. If I try to adjust from hot or cold it just clicks and doesn’t do anything. The last 3 winters I’ve just simply manually opened and closed the heater control valve each year. On another note my A/C does not work, hasn’t since I purchased 4 years ago.. would the servo motor not functioning cause any issues with the A/C compressor not kicking on? I have a cross country move coming up and would like to get my a/c working and was wondering if anyone has any knowledge on this. Sorry for being long winded. Thanks in advance!

2. May 27, 2019 at 6:16 PM
    srgray15

srgray15 [OP] Routt County 4Runner

Member:
    Well I was able to figure out that the servo motor has no effect on the A/C compressor kicking on.

I was able to fix my servo motor problem though. I had read on another forum that you can take the servo motor out and spin the big gear 180 degrees to get it to have teeth to grab. That was about a 20-30 minute job.

Now it's on to continue to trouble shoot my A/C issue.

SlvrSlug likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top