1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ANY TUNDRA/TACOMA CENTER CAP EXPERTS OUT THERE?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by aroyalsfan, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Mar 12, 2019 at 10:01 AM
    aroyalsfan

aroyalsfan [OP] The Owner

Member:
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2018 4Runner SR5 Premium - Midnight Black Metallic(218) - 4WD
    Westin Pro Traxx 5 Hood and side window deflectors Black exhaust tip Tinted front windows Billet grill overlay Badge Overlays painted Cavalry Blue Powder coated stock Trail Wheels gloss black 12 Volt Solutions plug and play remote start To do list: led swap Speaker upgrades Sound deadening doors Maybe list: rear backup sensors
    Not sure if this is the right forum or not. I don't really want to go sign up on the Tacoma or Tundra sites so I'll just throw out a general question and see if anyone knows by chance.

I am in the planning stages of a fabrication project.

Are the following center caps interchangeable? PT280-35170-02 & PT280-35160-CC.

s-l500.jpg s-l16002.jpg

I realize one is gloss black with TRD and the other is graphite with the Toyota logo, but if painted to match could you technically swap each out on either respective wheel?

I have the after market TRD Pro wheels that came with TRD center cap but since I have an SR5 so I don't really want the TRD badges on my truck. I want to put a custom logo on them so I'd prefer blank flat center caps, and I was thinking I could save time by popping the badge off the graphite cap then fill in the embossed TRD logo with bondo.

Any thoughts? Knowledge? Cat pictures?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Products Discussed in

To Top