1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Adding Homelink to 4Runner?

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by LizellaFella, May 20, 2016.

1. Oct 22, 2018 at 3:17 AM
    Checook

Checook New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Che
    Vehicle:
    15 4runner SR5 4x4 Silver
    I found a Toyota size garage door temporary switch and a cheap lift master remote. Drilled a hole in the remote, ran the switched wires through and soldered them to the switch points that the lift master button connects as a bypass. Placed the remote in the center console, connected to the switch through the hole and popped the button in place. I could have connected the switches other wires to make it illuminate.......but I got lazy at 3AM.

IMG_20181022_021848.jpg

RevSqrlDwg likes this.
  2. Oct 25, 2018 at 9:04 AM
    kje22kje

kje22kje New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner TRD Off Road
    Running Boards, LED inside and out, logo overlays, wheel overlays, bug deflector
    My wife and toys are in the garage so I'm out in the drive and don't love the thought of a clicker in the vehicle. The vehicle I had before my 4Runner had the homelink type feature and I was bummed that the 4R I bought didn't. I looked at this mod but instead went with the MyQ system to turn my garage door into a "smart" door. Works like charm from my phone and I've found that I often use the feature at night to be sure the door is closed, open it for family coming by, etc. https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Garage...Tah_urlekrl6oW89evRY5sb2IS0HsZC8aAn8IEALw_wcB

rsimi72 likes this.
  3. Dec 31, 2018 at 10:57 PM
    mrt6644

mrt6644 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Trail Edition
    This is exactly what I want to do.
    But Im wondering what that part you listed is. What part of the console does that part cover?
    Is it just the part and cover of the homelink?
    or the whole thing?

4. Dec 31, 2018 at 11:37 PM
    4runningMan

4runningMan New Member

Member:
    New Mexico
    Bobs Automotive Mirrors is an awesome source for homelink rear-view mirrors. He sources new and used and prices fairly. He has an eBay store but if you communicate with him directly via email you'll likely get a better deal.

I've dealt with him before. Great communication, honest, he'll help you with any questions regarding installation. All around good guy. Hundreds (?) of happy Tacoma World customers, too. He's legit. If you're wanting a mirror with or without homelink + compass/temp, look no further.

http://www.bobsmirrors.com/

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Aug 24, 2019 at 6:27 PM
    RevSqrlDwg

RevSqrlDwg New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Any problems with this fix? I’m looking to do this to my 2016. Do you think dash would be better?

6. Aug 24, 2019 at 10:39 PM
    Checook

Checook New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Che
    Vehicle:
    15 4runner SR5 4x4 Silver
    I have had no issues so far. I actually redid mine because I put an Anytime Camera button in this spot. I also got a dual garage door opener and added a button. I also placed a square of darkened tint over each so they were not as bright.

Products Discussed in

To Top