1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Access foglight housing without removing the front bumper?

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by Jaybird53, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Oct 10, 2015 at 8:51 PM
    Jaybird53

Jaybird53 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Vehicle:
    2015 Toyota 4Runner Trail Premium
    Leveling kit 285/75/17 Nitto Terra Grappler G2 Husky floor and cargo liners Sylvannia Silverstar Ultra H11 and 9005
  2. Oct 11, 2015 at 3:09 AM
    Erik65

Erik65 New Member

Member:
    Central MA
    Vehicle:
    1998 4Runner SAS trail rig. 2011 Tacoma TX Pro
    You may be able to get to the fog lights from above by removing the headlight housings but it still requires removing some of the body clips if its anything like my Highlander. Take a look under the front bumper first--you may luck out and be able to access them from under there, but I doubt it...also buy some of those body clips as they inevitably break when you pull them out.

Bob likes this.
  3. Oct 20, 2015 at 5:49 AM
    gradywhaler

gradywhaler New Member

Member:
    Jaybird your in luck...well maybe in luck. What model do you have? I have the limited and I just replaced fog lights this past weekend. On the limited the fog lights are in plastic chrome casings . I also was about to take off the whole bumper...NOT NEEDED. First take off the 10mm bolts that hold your plastic wheel wells on. There should be about 6 around the whole tire area. Then underneath the front bumper you will see a couple more 10mm bolts. Once you take them off you can bend the plastic wheel wells back towards the shock towards. I used a bungie cord to hold it back. Once you pull that back you will see little silver clips with white plastic clips going threw them. Take a small flat head screwdriver and push out the white clips. There should be about 4 of them. Once these are out the whole fog light assembly will come right out. It took me a hour to monkey *uck around trying to find all of the bolts to take off the bumper. then i looked closer and did what i just told you. After that it took me about 30minutes to do both of them. I'll snag some pictures shortly and upload them. Now keep in mind this is on the limited, but i don't see Toyota change for light assemblies that much. If you see the little sliver clips with white clips going threw them...just pop them out.

Products Discussed in

To Top