1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

About to buy a new 4runner limited

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bradze, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Aug 28, 2018 at 7:39 PM
    bradze

bradze [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    does anyone know if the dealer can work with me about the pointless 20" wheels that come with the limited trim. ill take the wheels from a SR5. they have plenty of those. who would ever expect to go offroad with wheels that big? I'm not really a fan of the grandpa styling cues of the limited trim either but I really don't wanna make the mistake of not getting the dual climate control and upgraded everything in the interior.

also it looks like I can fit 33" tires on stock suspension. I don't wanna lift it but I do wanna put on a plate bumper and winch. will stiffer springs do the job? I should probably mention I'm big into overlanding and that is a large portion of why I want a 4runner.

2. Aug 29, 2018 at 5:11 PM
    4Runner_Patrick

4Runner_Patrick New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD PRO Black
    Most dealers would swap the 20 inch wheels no cost. Where are you located? I have a SR5 for sale.

3. Aug 29, 2018 at 8:03 PM
    bradze

bradze [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    I'm in yelm Washington. I am tempted to upgrade to the 17" TRD wheels toyota has on their website. I hope that price includes tires

4. Aug 29, 2018 at 8:11 PM
    MeefZah

MeefZah ------------

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Lexington, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '24 ORP
    33s" are gonna be a tight fit, you'll get some rub. I imagine most dealers will work with ya before you sign the papers... after, not so much. You will get some sag with a bumper and winch, but I'm not personally familiar with a non- lift coil that offsets the sag of a bumper but provides only factory height. I suppose you could get adjustable coil overs and adjust for height that way, but that's a bit beyond what I have personal experience with (my suspension upgrade knowledge is based on lifted stuff).

5. Aug 30, 2018 at 9:05 PM
    bradze

bradze [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    so a 2" lift seems like what I will need. I didn't realize a 2" lift is not very expensive. any recommendations on kits? Saturday morning ill test drive at the dealer that Costco recommended. ive been in contact with them and there is a 5 passenger and a 7 passenger there. I don't need 7 passenger seating.

6. Sep 4, 2018 at 9:31 PM
    bradze

bradze [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    so I sat in the limited wasn't that impressed. then I saw a used 2016 with all the shit id wanna do. they also had a 2016 TRD pro in the tan color I wanted but it was 10k more than what I got. I bought a 2016 sr5 with the TRD wheels, big tires, aftermarket coilover lift, and an arb rack and some lights. I don't have the interior I wanted but I'm also not filthy rich. I saved a lot of money this way. don't know how to post pics without a mouse.

Products Discussed in

To Top