1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

'96-'02 NIB Aftermarket Lg. Fender Flares & OEM Ltd Running Boards

Discussion in '3rd Gen 4Runner Parts Marketplace (1996-2002)' started by FatrCat, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Sep 14, 2018 at 2:14 AM
    FatrCat

FatrCat [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Vehicle:
    '98 Desert Dune Metallic 4Runner SR5
    Ongoing Mods Photo Log: http://www.fatrcat.net/litterbox/albums/fatrcats-4runner/
    I've got a brand new in box set of flares which I'd bought a while back when considering some changes to my '98 which I've decided not to pursue after all.

Bushwacker OE style Extend-A-Fender Flares, model #31913-11
    Brand new in the box, these are the large style flares similar to the OEM Limited flares, fitting any '96-'02 4Runner without factory running boards. Unpainted, they are a satin/matte black in finish and can be left unpainted or painted as you like. This package includes flare extensions which wrap over the front/rear bumper ends, but can also be installed without the bumper wraps. (The adjoining flare sections have solid finished ends for applications where you wouldn't be using the bumper wraps). Everything, including the unopened trim/fastener/instructions package is complete. The only difference between this package and one you'd buy direct is that mine will ship with additional protective packing inside. (The factory shipped box has each trim piece in a sealed plastic sleeve, but no foam/peanuts or other packing inside to keep pieces from banging around inside during shipment. I don't see that as being adequate protection, so I added individual wrapping plus packing peanuts to the box to keep parts safe from damage in transit.

If you've ever looked into these flares, you know that the set seems to have a set priceline no matter who's selling them, and don't seem to ever be offered "on sale"; $489.99 with free shipping tends to be the common "going rate". (and an excessive one, IMO.) Storage space around my place carries a much higher premium for me than sitting on this package for an extended period just to try and cut my losses down. I bought the kit before I was even 100% certain that I was going to actually use them, and in the end I decided that I wasn't going to go that direction after all so I've no reason to hang onto them; I'd rather help somebody who does want/need this flare package get ahold of them at a lower price and enjoy having them. I'm asking $350 for the set, plus actual shipping costs. (Shipping on this package should be very reasonable, too; even with all the added packing material the box only weighs 18lb.) Contact me for any questions-
    David

bwxtend5.jpg
    bwxtend1.jpg
    bwxtend4.jpg
    bwxtend3.jpg

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  2. Oct 23, 2018 at 8:09 AM
    AutoHaus4runner

AutoHaus4runner New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle:
    2000 4runner
    Hello,

What’s shipping to 23692? I am very interested in purchasing!

Steve

3. Oct 25, 2018 at 9:46 AM
    FatrCat

FatrCat [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Vehicle:
    Ongoing Mods Photo Log: http://www.fatrcat.net/litterbox/albums/fatrcats-4runner/
    Which item were you interested in, Steve?

4. Oct 26, 2018 at 1:41 PM
    AutoHaus4runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle:
    2000 4runner
    I am interested in the silver running boards

5. Oct 26, 2018 at 6:26 PM
    FatrCat

FatrCat [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Vehicle:
    Looks like they could be sent FedEx for about $70

6. Oct 27, 2018 at 9:09 PM
    AutoHaus4runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle:
    2000 4runner
    So $170 shipped?

7. Oct 29, 2018 at 4:19 PM
    FatrCat

FatrCat [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Vehicle:
    That first number was a 'guesstimate'. I just ran it up using exact weight, box sizes, etc. and via FedEx 3 day home delivery shipping is $84.54, so $185 will cover it. (I wasn't too far off on my guess). I'd actually package in 2 boxes, one holding the running boards themselves, and a 2nd box for the end caps and mount brackets; they would ship much more securely that way and not risk getting scuffed up.

8. Oct 30, 2018 at 6:31 AM
    AutoHaus4runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle:
    2000 4runner
    I’m good with that. I am assuming you accept paypal?

To Top