1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

95 runner dies after 15 minutes of idling

Discussion in '2nd Gen 4Runners (1990-1995)' started by Muddawber, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Aug 6, 2015 at 8:28 AM
    Muddawber

Muddawber [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    95 4runner red v6
    Small lift
    Hey all. New to this forum. I've got a 95 4runner and it's been running great until about a week ago. My son was out in it and it just stalled out. He waited about half an hour and it started back up. 15 minutes later it died again. I let it sit for several days at home then went out to try it. It started fine. After 15 minutes it died again. Any suggestions would be great

2. Aug 14, 2015 at 5:09 PM
    C&Ayota

C&Ayota New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1995 4Runner SR5/ 2015 DBL TRD
    Hello, I am in no form of the word a mechanic, but I'll pass on a few suggestions and theories I have encountered with my 3.0 & engines/ fuel in general. The engine bay of a 3.0 Toyota is filled with vacuum lines. My 1st troubleshooting area would be there. I ran into the same problem with my 95. I hooked up a smoke machine to mine and discovered a lot of leaks. Mine would run fine for 10 minutes or so then idle way low and eventually choke itself out. It ended up being a crack in both of the vaccine lines running to the power steering pump/ fluid resovour. People have mixed feeling about a fuel pump and if they just die or start to loose compression and the power to drawl fuel. I had a 99 that would do fine at first, then act like I ran out fuel. I replaced the pump and had no more issues, good luck

Bob likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top