1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

95 3.0 fuel problems

Discussion in '2nd Gen 4Runners (1990-1995)' started by Henryschuller, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Jan 29, 2019 at 10:12 AM
    Henryschuller

Henryschuller [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hank
    Vehicle:
    1995 Toyota 4Runner 3.0 SR5 limited
    Have a 95 3.0 that sat for 12 years in a garage. Picked it up with 89k in November 2018. Fuel pump went out in the end of nov, so I dropped the tank, pressure washed the inside because it was pretty nasty. New fuel pump and new filter in Dec. Two weeks ago on the down side of a pass on the freeway at 70 started losing power, felt like fuel starvation. Pulled over and would only stay runnin for 5-10 seconds after. Towed it home, changed filter, dropped tank, checked pump and it works. Put it all back together yesterday and started it a few times. After I moved it out of my garage in the driveway shut it off and grabbed my stuff to go to the store. Didn’t start again. Any suggestions or ideas I’d greatly appreciate it!

2. Feb 10, 2019 at 11:59 AM
    Dink

Dink New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    1993 4Runner SR5
    Stock with roof rack
    I went through the same problem with mine. Failure was the ecm. 50$ from a junk yard and it runs like a top

Products Discussed in

To Top