1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5th gen eibach on 4th gen adds 1” extra lift?

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by Samels, Jul 25, 2022.

1. Jul 25, 2022 at 7:57 PM
    Samels

Samels [OP] New Member

Member:
    Found a great deal on 5th gen eibach coil overs 2.75”/1”. Read into how to modify them to fit 4th gen, but I called eibach and asked the differences ridewise, they told me if I put them on my 4th gen it will add an extra 1” on top of the already 2.75” height?(since 2.75 is lowest setting) I don’t understand this at all. A 2.75” lift should raise a car equally regardless of what car it’s on right? I want 2.75 but 3.75 seems like way too much, don’t want to replace UCA and stuff yet either. Hoping they gave me wrong info? Lol

2. Jul 25, 2022 at 8:01 PM
    Trail Runnah

Trail Runnah New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 T4R Trail Edition
    Stock
    No, each lift is designed for the specific weight and spring rate needs of each vehicle.

I don't know the specs off the top of my head, but a 4th gen 4Runner is probably a little bit lighter than the 5th gen, and require a different spring rate. Even if two springs are the same physical height, the one with the higher spring rate will add more lift, because it will compress less under the weight of the vehicle.

It's possible that if the 5th gen has a higher spring rate, it would give an extra inch of lift on a lighter vehicle.

3. Jul 25, 2022 at 8:04 PM
    Samels

Samels [OP] New Member

Member:
    500lbs lighter so ok fair point. second question, I’m new to lifting and trucks in general. Is 2.75 vs 3.25(misspoke) a significant difference and will I have to replace other components to accomplish it?

4. Jul 25, 2022 at 9:13 PM
    Trail Runnah

Trail Runnah New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 T4R Trail Edition
    Stock
    Yeah, 3.25 in of lift will open up all kinds of cans of worms. That's just too tall for one of these. Even at 2.75 in of lift, it's likely that you would need to replace your upper control arms in order to get the alignment in spec.

Have you ever seen a vehicle lifted up by the chassis on a lift, and notice how the wheels hang down when unsupported? That's pretty much what driving around on 3.25 in of lift with stock front suspension components would be like. You would basically be driving around with the front suspension at full droop with no down travel left.

Bilstein 5100s are cheap, I would just order a set of those and you can set them to the lift that you like. 2 in of lift up front shouldn't give you any issues with alignment on stock control arms.

5. Jul 26, 2022 at 6:41 AM
    Samels

Samels [OP] New Member

Member:
    I messaged the guy and he told me it has 4 settings, stock, .8, 1.5, 2.75”. I think the guy from eibach told me info from a different model? Reason i want these is because I’ve heard mixed things about the 5100s, and having these eibachs all around let’s me adjust the back, and it comes with the coils too. I figure since I’m in there I’ll upgrade everything since I’m at 150k and probably due. I was going to upgrade my suspension as a whole later down the line due to horrible roads here too. The 5100s and coils are like $600 total, this guy wants $400 for the eibach with everything

Products Discussed in

To Top