1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5th Gen 4Runner running board LED courtesy lights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Eman_X, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Jun 7, 2021 at 8:31 AM
    Eman_X

Eman_X [OP] New Member

Member:
    I recently installed on my 2019 4R the MICTUNING 2Pcs 60 Inch White LED Cargo Truck Bed Light Strip Lamp from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JUE9OLM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s02?ie=UTF8

As my TRD didn't come with running boards or the connection for lights. After looking at several posts under Tacoma world and searching for wire schematics I eventually just started just testing pins and then I just decided to see which wires attached to the dome light. I had finally figured out the wiring to the dome light in the driver side A pillar. The lights come on with the doors open and when unlocking the doors with the fob. All for except the cargo door.

I don’t have running boards as of yet, but I did want a courtesy light underneath. I marked the wires I spliced as the power and the negative even though it has three wires going to the dome light. All three wires are white. Hope this helps anyone who wants led strip underneath their ride.IMG_3977.jpg IMG_3978.jpg IMG_3982.jpg

ransom007 likes this.
  2. Dec 26, 2022 at 3:53 PM
    ransom007

ransom007 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD Pro
    this is sweet and something ive considered! thank you for doing the legwork!

Eman_X[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top