1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

4" lift recommendations?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by OffRoad4X4, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Aug 24, 2018 at 9:41 AM
    OffRoad4X4

OffRoad4X4 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    2018 Metallic Grey 4Runner SR5 Premium
    Good afternoon everybody! Just joined the 4Runner life yesterday after pining for almost 5 years for one. I have a myriad of questions but, I’d like to start it off by seeing what people would recommend for a lift kit for a 2018 4Runner SR5 Premium. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Aug 24, 2018 at 9:49 AM
    4X4Runner

4X4Runner The Anti Pro, Pro! Staff Member

Member:
    The left coast
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner Smashed Ass Edition
    Mad driver mod. OME Suspension. 285/70R17 BFG AT KO2
    Our recommendations will be based entirely on what your intended use is considering the myriad of options

Budget?
    Looks?
    Functionality?
    Long term design plan?

3. Aug 24, 2018 at 9:58 AM
    MeefZah

MeefZah ---

Member:
    Lexington, Ohio
    Oh man....

Welcome.

There are a gazillion options (which is why you are asking) but without knowing why you want a lift and what you plan on doing with it, and what your budget is, you're going to get answers that are all over the place. Spend some time on the lift threads on here ad t4r.org to get some ideas and start zeroing in on what you want. Options range from $39 Cornfed spacers to $10,000 Kings, Icons, or other super high end shit.

4. Aug 24, 2018 at 11:21 AM
    OffRoad4X4

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    Thank you for replying. Well, my family owns land deep in Maine and the only way to get to the camp is to truck yourself through backwoods and old logging trails. I was thinking probably a 4” lift considering the roads (and I say roads very loosely) that it takes to get there. My budget would vary depending on safety. Don’t want to cheap out but, don’t need to be spending a boat load either. Nobody owns a winch so to get stuck would be slightly tragic. I’m a mechanic as well with access to a plethora of lifts so installing anything myself isn’t a problem. I was more or less looking for people’s personal opinions on what worked for them and what they did with their truck as well. Again, replies are more than appreciated. Don’t want to sound stupid but, I am definitely a beginner on owning and customizing anything of my own.

5. Aug 24, 2018 at 11:45 AM
    jgcaps

jgcaps Lovin the Colorado Life.!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM TRD ORP KDSS 4Runner
    3" Icon Stage 2, 18x9 Fuel Beast wheels, 285/65/18 BFG KO2's, N-FAB Black Rock Rails w/removable steps.
    Welcome from Colorado.!

One thing you could try is browse the "What have you done to your X gen lately." A lot of people post threads on their builds there... It's hard not to be a little bias about ones own rig... but you will find quite a few options.

6. Aug 24, 2018 at 5:10 PM
    MeefZah

MeefZah ---

Member:
    Lexington, Ohio
    Here's 230 pages of ideas. Newer 5th gens towards the back. Most include the basic specs. Personally I wouldn't do more than a 2.5" front lift, 3" at the most, as you start getting into other issues. 2.5" would allow you room to run 33s" that you asked about in another thread.

My setup, which is economical and practical, and has served me well thus far, is simple Eibach E1 and E13 coils all around (2.5" f, 1.5" r) and Bilstein 5100s all around (0 front), and trim packers on driver's side to correct lean. About $750 from Wheelers.

But options abound...

Beef Nachos likes this.
  7. Aug 25, 2018 at 6:26 AM
    OffRoad4X4

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    Thank you for replying! Not sure if you read my reply in the other thread but I have a deal with my Work that I can trade in the tires it comes with for a straight up trade on brand new firestone or Bridgestone tires whatever size I want. So I’d like to take them up on that offer but time is limited due to the fact that the tires need to be almost brand new for them to honor the trade. Was hoping that a 285/70/17 would fit but, was obviously wondering how big I could go before I run into rubbing and whatnot.

Products Discussed in

To Top