1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

285/70/r17 Tires on 2003 4runner SR5

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by pbhockey16, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Jun 23, 2015 at 8:23 AM
    pbhockey16

pbhockey16 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Alpharetta,Ga
    Vehicle:
    2003 4runner SR5 V6 2WD
    i want to put these tires on my 2003 toyota 4runner sr5 v6 rwd. Please give me recommendations on what i would need to do to get rid of most rubbing. I already have to buy 1.5in wheel adapters to fit the lug nut pattern. But what kind of modifications would i need to make, preferably a body life, but what would i need, if i need to, suspension lift wise?

If it ends up being cheaper i could buy smaller tires, maybe 265/70/r17 (i want to use the aftermarket rims i have). Would i still need to but some kind of lift on the car with this tire size? I was thinking putting a 3" net leveling kit. 3" in the front and 1.5" coil spacers in the back. I want to do whatever is cheapest and get rid of all/most rubbing.

What do yall think is the best option for me?

2. Jun 23, 2015 at 11:57 AM
    Willandbill

Willandbill New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 black trail
    billstein 5100, FN Sixshooter wheels, cooper at3
    Don't know about the specifics regarding the suspension on your rwd forerunner, however, I would not try to do anything "cheap" when it comes down to suspension upgrades because you want to try to stuff some larger tires on your ride. Research what has to be done, talk to people, like you are doing, and do it right the first time. Don't just get it "up in the air" to fit the tires because you are going to creat a lot more problems and spend twice as much money in the future. Just my opinion. Good luck!

3. Aug 6, 2015 at 4:41 PM
    gunitrecord

gunitrecord New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    2003 SR5 AWD
    Vehicle:
    none
    none
    not sure what you are talking about, but i just put on yokohama on my SR5. it runs great! lasted me 4-5 years on the last set i had.

4. Aug 7, 2015 at 5:31 AM
    wnelax04sr5

wnelax04sr5 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ethan
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2004 SR5 4X4 Galactic Gray
    with wheel spacers and a spacer lift both 285/70/17 and 265/70/17 are going to rub on the front of the wheel well on the fender, on the mud flap, and potentially on the body mount once you remove the mud flap. youre going to rub almost no matter what, and spacer lifts aren't a bad idea, but if your stock suspension is getting advanced in age it can't hurt to replace it with new parts that provide the lift rather than spacers

Products Discussed in

To Top