1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

275/70-17 BFG AT K02

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Brake Weight, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Jul 3, 2017 at 9:11 AM
    Brake Weight

Brake Weight [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J.B.
    Vehicle:
    '06 GX470
    Working on it.
    Sinve there's no information about these as for fitment onto a GX or 4Runner I was not 100% sure to get them. But I did and they do fit. My GX470 has about 2.5" of lift and a little more settling to do. But these will clear everything under the wheel well...barely. The upper control arm is so tight that I can't slide my fingers past it and the tire when turned to a full lock left or right. Full left makes it tight on the right tire and vice versa. But a mall crawler shouldn't have to worry.
    IMG_7140.jpg

I want the tires flush to the body and not tucked under so I ordered some 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers. The front has a set installed and the rear has a 1/4" spacer until the delivery man shows up today.

This makes for a good example with and without 1.25" spacers. From tucked to flush on stock wheels. (17x7.5 et25 or 5 3/16"BS)

IMG_7146.jpg

After these were added to the front I had some rubbing then. I used a heat gun and heated the front of the running board and bent back the inside corner about 4" to allow for the tire to clear. On the bumper side I removed to bolts. One holds the fender liner and the other the plastic bumper in place on a mount. I pushed the fender liner under the bumper mount and inside the bumper until it cleared, marked this spot and put a hole large enough to re install the bolt. Then heated the liner to alleviate the tension of being relocated 3" or so.

2. Jul 3, 2017 at 10:04 AM
    brochacho

brochacho New Member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sequoia TRD Sport
    Nice GX!!

Products Discussed in

To Top