1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2023 wait time? Success stories?

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by Karmiek2003, Oct 16, 2022.

1. Nov 16, 2022 at 4:05 PM
    kennex53

kennex53 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Vehicle:
    2023 4Runner TRD Pro
    I put a deposit on my TRD Pro on October 5th, and waited about a month, closed on it November 7th. Pretty straightforward on that side of the deal and paid MSRP. The real pain was how the value on my trade-in changed within those 30 days. I traded in my 2017 TRD Pro, which they originally were going to give me $35.5k then by closing date they only wanted to give me $33.0...talked them back up to $34.5, but still they knew they had me locked in.

2. Nov 17, 2022 at 11:16 AM
    rickystl

rickystl New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    St. Louis, MO
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD/Off-Road Premium
    I let a lady friend test drive my 21' TRD/ORP/MR since there were apparently no TRD trims in town to test drive. LOL She said the dealers told her any TRD trims are either already pre-sold or sell off their lots in less than a week. She wanted the exact same vehicle/trim level as mine - but in Super White. I told her the 2023 would basically be a clone of mine with a couple of little upgrades. So last week she went to the same dealer I use and put $500.00 down to get on the sale list. She paid MSRP + $500.00 mark up.

The dealer told her it could be a 3-4 month delivery. Does this sound about right for a 2023 at this stage ?

Gill likes this.
  3. Nov 18, 2022 at 2:26 PM
    brainh18

brainh18 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Johnstown CO
    Vehicle:
    2023 4Runner TRD
    RCI sliders Raptor Lights
    The dealer I purchased from in Greeley CO ordered the one I purchased around 8/23/22. I stopped in in October 12, and put a deposit on it to hold it. They had 3 or 4 on their inventory list that were not yet spoken for. I took delivery November 16th.
    They currently show none available. But they did call me a few days before I picked mine up and offered me 3 others to choose from that folks had backed out on. I'm quite pleased with the one I ended up with and the options it has compared to the others offered. One was the anniversary edition. White with the stripes. Wifey said no Starsky n Hutch car for us. She did NOT like the stripes at all. Plus it's an SR5. I wanted the Limited.

4. Nov 20, 2022 at 4:01 PM
    Redwood

Redwood New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 4Runner TRD Off Road
    This seems to be a Canadian thing. Inquired at my local dealer about a new 2022 4runner and no word. Wanted to custom order the last of the old outgoing model so to speak. Then "Bam" there it was 3 weeks later take it or leave it as someone else will take it. So now the proud owner of a 2022 TRD ORP in midnight black for below MSRP. Honestly we really didn't have the opportunity to choose the model let alone color. Still no complaints other than black is a b**** to keep clean and scratch free.

Bluesidae, rickystl and brainh18 like this.
  5. Nov 20, 2022 at 4:19 PM
    brainh18

brainh18 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Johnstown CO
    Vehicle:
    2023 4Runner TRD
    RCI sliders Raptor Lights
    Congratulations. I had a black colored vehicle once. That was enough. Enjoy yours in good health! Where's the pics?

6. Nov 23, 2022 at 8:34 AM
    rickystl

rickystl New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    St. Louis, MO
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD/Off-Road Premium
    UPDATE: She told me the sales rep at the dealer just called her and said they were able to add her 4R to their last allocation. And is now just leaving the Port in Japan. So he mentions it should now only be 4-6 weeks for delivery. She is super happy. That Toyota allocation program for their dealers is really strange.

Products Discussed in

To Top