1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2022 4runner

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010+)' started by Ozzy52, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Feb 10, 2020 at 5:15 AM
    rkwfxd

rkwfxd New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Whittier - So Cal
    OK guys I have basically first hand information on what the gen 6 will be like. My buddy's maid's husband works as a gardener for a guy who's son once worked as a lot hand at a local dealer. He said the 6th gen 4Runner will be unibody construction with 4 wheel independent suspension and McPherson struts. They are moving to an electronically controlled AWD system that recognizes when you need AWD and engages it for you. No pesky buttons to push or levers to pull. It will be powered by an electric/solar/hybrid 1.6 turbo which will have the R16 badge similar to the old R22. The roof will be one large solar panel to help charge the batteries (unknown how many at this time) It will be backed by a 12 speed auto. It is expected to get 40 mpg in gasoline mode and 60+ MPG in electric so it has a 12 gallon tank and other "weight saving measures" whatever that means but you can probably expect more plastic.

Or maybe not.

2. Feb 10, 2020 at 1:17 PM
    Ramrod88

Ramrod88 Drives a 4Runner on a Corolla budget

Member:
    First Name:
    Rodney
    New Orleans
    Vehicle:
    17 TRD OFF ROAD
    You forgot the 24 inch infotainment screen in the dash

rkwfxd likes this.
  3. Feb 10, 2020 at 8:51 PM
    PCRIDE4RUNNER

PCRIDE4RUNNER New Member

Member:
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR
    The off road pro is the same as the TRD pro. The only thing the pro has is a sliding cargo bay, which then again some don't come with. A first aid kit with Velcro on it to stick to the back of the seat, the nitto tires, fox shocks on the front ( i believe the 2020's have a rear fox shock now). The TRD pro also comes with the iconic wheels. I thought the TRD PRO didn't have a moon roof and only the Canadian version did but I guess the pro now comes with it, as well as the side markers on the mirror. The front grill is different on the Pro, skid plate and blacked out logos's I believe are the differences.

In 2018 people would buy the TRD PRO, then buy the RAV4 mirrors and replace them (because they have the side markers) and some other things to make it look like the premium edition.

If you do the lift yourself you'll save a ton on labor. A lift can cost up to $500+ for someone to install. Here is a quick break down of adding mods.

TRD wheels $1000 wTax (Any decent wheels will run $250 a piece.) - I got mine for $210 ea, and I've seen them go for $180 but very few I've seen at this price
    Mudder tires (other than stock) - $900-1000 wTax
    Lift Kit $500-$900 depending on the brand
    Black out logos $40
    Skid Plate $220
    TRD Grill $400

So let's say $2400-$2700

If you get the Off road pro model, I believe these come in around 41-42K which you'd still be way under the cost of the pro with those added features by a few thousand. You probably don't even need a locker unless you want to do serious off roading and you already do it a lot, therefore you could just get the SR5 Premium model at around 38K

Toyota will charge upwards $5500 for the TRD model, and sometimes more. I've seen the PRO models hover at the 49K-54K price range. Of course you can always find the deal and get lucky but that won't be the average find.

WallyT4R likes this.
  4. Feb 11, 2020 at 6:54 AM
    j cat

j cat New Member

Member:
    massachusetts
    spacer lift front 1inch
    I went to the same dealership last fall to look up a 2020 sr5 runner .. same as my 2016 sr5.
    sticker price was $3K more than my 2016 runner.
    I was surprised that they had a few 2019 runners on the lot. they were all black and most limited models.
    when I purchased my 2016 in July 2016 they only had used runners on the lot.
    In snow country these are selling more , because of snow road issues.
    problem with these for me is , the seating is not comfortable. no failures .. I have to use a seat cushion and a lumbar support .. prior to the cushion add on my AZZ does not cause pain/circulation threw my legs.. cushion works good on long drives..
    I only buy new vehicles over 50yrs. this is the first vehicle that never went back to dealership..
    I do have to bring it back next month for the air bag job...hopefully they will not break up stuff..
    Acton Toyota setup my 2016 runner for delivery. never went to dealership on the delivery acceptance ... 6 weeks later the sales guy called me up , said your runner is now coming off the delivery truck.. went up the next day and did the deal .. got 2K off the total sticker price .. I drove it 50 miles before the deal.. sales guy said you can run it for a day ..

Products Discussed in

To Top