1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2020 trd pro 4runner headlight alignment help

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by storm180, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Dec 14, 2021 at 5:50 AM
    storm180

storm180 [OP] New Member

Member:
    I have read so many forums and watched videos but still can't find the answer to my question. I had the stock halogens in and I couldn't see anything it was dark, I put in some silverstars which we're a little better but I felt the lights were still a little low so I made some adjustments but I am trying to do it properly. Now that I have the gtr minis I want to realign things.

I am curious of anyone else who has a 2020 4runner trd pro what the height is from the ground to the center of the headlight or to the dimple on the headlight. My truck is stock with its lift and it is at 41 inches to that center point at the headlight.

So according to instructions you are supposed to mark 41in on the wall and and 2 inches under that or in toyotas tech for a 2012 it says 3.13 inch.

So at 25 ft that puts my cut off line at about 39 in or 37.87 in but even in my manual I have no headlight adjustment specs but I know my truck sits higher than other trim level of the same year 4runner. Also my steps should liine up at the 42 inches horizontal line is that correct?

The gtr csp mini led work great in the stock lights as they are supposed to but I see other people's setup that are really low like at 25 or 30. I'd be curious on some newer model year setup distances and heights.

Just an FYI I have been to this link several times and been referred to it so hoping for new info I'm not sure what type of setup he has but at 25 feet at least on my setup is way to low. His height after the install of his was 33 before adjustment and my stock halogens were higher than that. Which made me question if some of the specs were different on some trim levels like the trd pro and on newer years https://trail4runner.com/2018/02/03/aiming-headlights-lower-5th-gen-4runner/

Thanks

Sean

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
  2. Dec 14, 2021 at 10:59 AM
    suaveflooder

suaveflooder New Member

Member:
    I’m at 33/35 (driver/passenger). They were originally around 5 inches higher and I was getting flashed every day. I can’t see as well, but no more flashing. Play with it a little. I may adjust mine up a touch.

3. Dec 14, 2021 at 11:07 AM
    storm180

storm180 [OP] New Member

Member:
    I am curious what is the height from the ground up to the dimple on the middle of the headlight on your truck?

suaveflooder[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Dec 14, 2021 at 11:10 AM
    suaveflooder

suaveflooder New Member

Member:
    39 3/4”.

storm180[QUOTED][OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top