1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2017 TRD Off-Road prem.... ordered.... and (not so) patiently waiting

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TN_TRAIL, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Dec 24, 2016 at 6:28 PM
    TN_TRAIL

TN_TRAIL [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OFF RD PREM
    oh the list....!
    Hello to all!
    Background. TX transplant that moved to TN about 12 years ago. Been a JEEP enthusiast for years, and have projects in the wings with them as I type.. My job that brought me to TN requires a LOT of driving, and although I get reimbursed for my vehicle, the corporate office decreed that I "must" buy a new one because I had "too many miles " on the current one. Sooooo, Had to research and find a suitable replacement. Manufacturers were: Toyota, Subaru, and (at my buddies insistence) KIA. Test drove Highlander, was impressed by ride, but couldn't stand all the electronic gizmo's that came attached to it. Test drove Subaru, and was disgusted by the CVT, reduced towing capacity, (detuned 6cyl, in order to make the rubber-band trans live), and all the other cr@p that it comes with now. Didn't even make it to the KIA. reason was two-fold. First was research on the model type, and second was the presence of the the 4runner sitting in FRONT of the salesman's office.. Quickly realized that the 4runner is close in price to the Highlander, but WAY ahead of it in capability. More research showed that the drivetrain was established (bugs worked out), and had the options that I wanted. Finally ordered my 2016 Trail Prem w/ KDSS, TRD rims, pull-out cargo deck. Then, I guess because of the earthquake, the production end date changed for the 2016. So now I am tapping my feet for my 2017 TRD off-road prem. (which is supposed to be the exact same as the 2016, just badged differently. Intended mods are: REAL bumpers, winch,HID/ LED lights, and second set of tires and rims for winter/ "play" . So look forward to being able to interact with all of you here, as I have enjoyed lurking for several weeks now, and realized the camaraderie, helpful attitudes from both members and sponsors alike.

BBarnhouse likes this.
  2. Dec 24, 2016 at 8:31 PM
    fajitas21

fajitas21 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Collierville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2020 ORP
    Custom scratches
    Howdy, and also, I love playing the guessing game.

Do you work for Fedex?

3. Dec 24, 2016 at 9:59 PM
    TN_TRAIL

TN_TRAIL [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OFF RD PREM
    oh the list....!
    Nope, not Fedex, but we sure use their services a lot. Don't think they drive their own vehicles for work, do they? Howdy, that is a definite characteristic greeting of my native state that I miss.

4. Dec 25, 2016 at 4:02 AM
    fajitas21

fajitas21 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Collierville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2020 ORP
    Custom scratches
    Haha I didn't think about the Howdy.

I work for International Paper, based in Memphis, TN. There's Fedex, Autozone, and IP up there. I was just gambling it could have been one of those :)

5. Dec 25, 2016 at 3:21 PM
    TN_TRAIL

TN_TRAIL [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OFF RD PREM
    oh the list....!
    Didn't know about Autozone and IP. IP seems like they are just about everywhere. I live on the hilly end of the state, and travel through the hills between KY, NC,VA,GA, and AL fairly regularly. From your posted location, looks like you are pretty close to where my Dad was born, and where I have some friends/ family. Now I'm gonna check to see what kind of mods you're plannin' on your rig.

6. Jan 10, 2017 at 1:19 PM
    Grifter

Grifter New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    California
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner TRD Off Road
    Icon Stage6 - Method Wheels - KO2's
    Just Curious if you got your 4Runner yet? I just put a deposit on one so now the wait begins...

7. Jan 10, 2017 at 6:37 PM
    TN_TRAIL

TN_TRAIL [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OFF RD PREM
    oh the list....!
    Hi Grifter, (what an interesting moniker!), welcome aboard, BTW!! Not yet.... Last I heard it was still in transit, and should be making dock soon. I am expecting delivery in about two more (LONG) weeks. About two or three days ago I did finally decide what kind of aftermarket bumpers I wanted, and ordered from Shrockworks in Houston. Now If I can only make sure I have enough $$$ for my off road tires for inclimate weather.
    Where are you located? my dealer did not require a deposit.... just LOADS of patience. :)

8. Jan 10, 2017 at 7:20 PM
    Grifter

Grifter New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    California
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner TRD Off Road
    Icon Stage6 - Method Wheels - KO2's
    Thats great, at least you know its almost there. The last 2 weeks will go by fast. They estimated 10-12 weeks for mine and Im only 3 days in. Im located in California, the dealership here required a $500 deposit fully refundable so no big deal, just a show of good faith really.

9. Jan 11, 2017 at 10:54 AM
    TN_TRAIL

TN_TRAIL [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OFF RD PREM
    oh the list....!
    Sounds like what I was told back on the 4th of October. Best of luck though! Actually, you should most likely come closer to meeting that delivery schedule, since you are geographically closer to a port than I. FWIW, there were a "few" models of my desired type available late last year, but they were all in CA!

Grifter likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top