1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2016 SR5 Premium vs Limited

Discussion in 'General 4Runner Talk' started by Yousef, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Oct 18, 2016 at 4:30 AM
    Yousef

Yousef [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hey guys. Will definitely be getting my new 4Runner within a couple of weeks. I was set on the Limited because of all the nice amenities it has but then I drove the SR5 Premium, WOW! I think that its a much more smoother ride than the Limited, no question. I'm guessing its because of the 17" wheels it rides on vs the 20" on the Limited. I also think the softec leather seats are very comfortable. But I do love the Limited dual climate, cooled seats, etc... So the real question is, can I buy the Limited and just put 17" wheels on them? Seems like a silly question but has anyone done that before? And do you think by simply putting the 17" wheels, the ride will be noticeably smoother because like I said I love how much smoother the SR5 rides than the Limited. I just don't know if there are other factors contributing to this besides the wheel size. Is this something the dealer will do if I ask them or do I need to do this myself? Let me know what you guys think, thanks!

2. Oct 20, 2016 at 6:15 AM
    karmatp

karmatp New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5 4x4
    TRD wheels, Firestone destination at 2’s, Bilstein 5100's .85
    I bet the dealer would do the trade for you if requested to make a deal. 20's will ride a little rougher than a 17" wheel, more sidewall = softer ride.

3. Oct 20, 2016 at 9:46 AM
    jester243

jester243 rabble rabble rabble

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner Trail Premium w/ KDSS
    I changed some lights, tires and tinted windows...mind blowing huh
    my parents have the limited and there is a noticeably rougher ride than mine, I agree the dealer would probably work with you on it.

Products Discussed in

To Top