1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2014+ 4 Runner Stealth Bumper

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by jake long15, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Aug 17, 2022 at 12:33 PM
    jake long15

jake long15 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Welcome
    Cali Raised Led

Phone (714)-752-6315 Or (714)604-6426 Email info@caliraisedled.com Instagram
    @cali_raised_led

The Cali Raised LED Stealth Bumper is the protection you need to keep your eyes on the road and enjoy the adventure. One of the most important investments you can make to protect against dangerous rocks and trail obstacles is a front bumper. But not just any bumper will do, the Cali Raised LED promise of a 2-year warranty and 100% made in the USA by American Craftsmen will guarantee the ultimate bumper for your 4Runner.

This bumper provides all of the benefits of others on the market while allowing you to add 3x the amount of LED lighting output. You can customize your bumper with a 32" LED light bar with an option and your choice of winch. This is a one-stop shop for the bumper. It makes the installation of the winch and wiring much easier and cleaner allowing you to enjoy all the features of the bumper without all the headaches of figuring out the extra details, we do the work for you. Keeping everything behind the bumper and body makes it very clean and stealthy while packing a big punch of function.

Bumpers will increase your vehicle's approach and departure angles and serve as a recovery point. Not only that, but they also protect your vehicle's lights, radiator, and vital engine components from damage.

Note: If you have a TRD Pro skid plate you need to trim 2" off of the skid plate to install the bumper.

Product-Image-2.jpg ProductImage_0000s_0005_067A0409-Edit.jpg CR-4Runner-Bumper-front.jpg CR-4Runner-Bumper-top-45.jpg ProductImage_0000s_0003_067A0626-Edit.jpg

2. Aug 17, 2022 at 12:56 PM
    Texoma-Brad

Texoma-Brad OK Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Texoma USA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Venture, 2022 Limited 4WD, 1979 FJ40
    Looks nice, sturdy and made in the USA.

But.... The installation instructions aren't posted with the product info on the website.

Please let us know when the install instructions are posted.

3. Aug 17, 2022 at 1:14 PM
    soze

soze Tiny Trucker

Member:
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2022 MG TRD ORP
    Bone Stock
    Looks pretty nice.

4. Dec 15, 2023 at 9:15 AM
    jake long15

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Thanks, we worked really hard on it! If your interested please let us know :)

5. Dec 15, 2023 at 1:00 PM
    glwood54

glwood54 Stop making me buy stuff!

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2019 OR, KDSS, RSG sliders, Eibach shocks, 265/70 Falken Wildpeaks
    Do you offer a version without the Close Encounters light bar?

5six and das goot like this.
  6. Dec 19, 2023 at 11:03 AM
    jake long15

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Unfortunately we do not offer that version

7. Dec 23, 2023 at 9:21 PM
    das goot

das goot New Member

Member:
    Portland, Maine
    Vehicle:
    2015 SR5 4runner
    dual AGM batteries, 6' bedslider w/ packout bases, custom rock slider, crestone sport rack
    dude, that was the first thing I thought of too!

not to be a dick but I am lost on the 'stealth' design part. a cut out for a 32" two row LED bar, shackle mounts that pokes out like nipples on a cold winter's night past the upper leading edge of the bumper vs a 90 degree angle shackle mount that would flow into and match the upper leading edge (think: 90 degree flat rubber faced tow truck front pusher bumper) and finally an awkard looking recessed hawse fairlead mount that draws your eyes to it instead of leaving it as a plain cut-out blending in and disappearing visually with the lower portion like every other front winch bumper out there. plus how does that pocket not load up with mud from your overzealous buddy wheeling ahead of you? I'm not questioning the choice of materials or build quality. I'm 100% sure it rocks in use and in the field. I'm just taking issue with the name 'steath' because it doesn't seem match the design...sometimes less is more.

glwood54[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Dec 23, 2023 at 9:42 PM
    FN2187

FN2187 Stormtrooper

Member:
    Earth
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD ORP w/ KDSS
    Victory 4x4 Blitz front bumper Smittybilt 10k Synthetic Gobi Stealth no-rise RCI sliders Rago panels and shelf, dash mount RCI Alu skids Dobinsons 2.5/1.5 285/70 Cooper Discoverer Rugged Trek SSO Hitch Mounted Swingout Anytime Front/Rear Camera
    I mean, they are all called "stealth" because they blend with the original bumper design without replacing the entire bumper - just a small-ish piece that replaces the valence area of the TRDs.

The biggest issue I have with mine, and looks like this one may have the same issue, is that I can't get my hands inside the bumper with the tiny cutouts. And I have small hands.

My guess would be larger cutouts reduce strength, but feel they could be a bit bigger to help. I can reach the clutch just fine but to stick half my arm up inside to reach the controller on top and plug in the remote when the battery dies is almost impossible

9. Dec 23, 2023 at 10:56 PM
    das goot

das goot New Member

Member:
    Portland, Maine
    Vehicle:
    2015 SR5 4runner
    dual AGM batteries, 6' bedslider w/ packout bases, custom rock slider, crestone sport rack
    I know, I know, I do get the part about 'stealth' as it applies to not hacking off the front end and changing the whole look of the 5th gen 4runner. I just always have issues with marketing language.

okay, full disclosure, I don't have a front winch bumper currently on my 5th gen 4runner, but I do have a freshly welded up unit sitting on my coffee table currently. I had this unit burned out locally on a plasma table. the shop even gave me the option when I asked to tweak the CAD plans and radius all of the cut outs as they were square in the original CAD plans and that makes a built unit stronger vs squared cut outs. I say that because small details like that and plum flat leading edges vs two pointy-points makes a difference when pulling up on someone to push them out on a muddy job-site. I also worked in a shipyard for a long block wiring 93' steel tug boats that were built on-site 100% from scratch so I learned a lot about steel fabrication and design during that time.

If I am being honest, I am not a fan of 2 row LED bars on the front end of 4runners or tacomas (it's a size-ratio thing for me). up here in maine every lifted duramax on rockstar barrel wheels rocks a grill mounted 2 row LED bar with blinding optics from NAPA. when I see a neat single row amber LED light bar cutting thru the fog 8 times out of 10 it's a taco or a 4runner so in that respect I guess I'm being somewhat of a dick.

I didn't mention it in my other post but I saw the same thing and I agree, I think there should be wider vertical material across the light bar cut out for increased rigidity. I also had the same thought on the size of the lower access cut outs, a possible concern for me as I am a medium sized guy with XL work glove sized hands.

related/unrelated, one more thing I really do like about these style bumpers is they do allow you to keep the original look of the 5th gen 4runner. I think the 5th gen 4runner is one of the best looking ones out there, modern and timeless. not many auto makers designs can match that currently.

jake long15[OP] likes this.
  10. Jan 8, 2024 at 9:49 AM
    jake long15

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Hey thanks for the response, we always appreciate feedback that we can learn from

das goot[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Jan 31, 2024 at 9:59 AM
    Rob41

Rob41 Veteran

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Northern Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2023 Supercharged 4Runner TRD
    Magnuson Supercharger, CSF Performance Radiator, Eibach Pro-Truck Series 2R suspension, SCS Ray10 Bronze Wheels, Pedal Monster, TRD Pro Grill, TRD Pro Roof Rack
    It's great to have so many great choices. I went with another brand for my front bumper but I also have your products as well and they are top notch. I would certainly not hesitate to buy your products again.

jake long15[OP] likes this.
  12. Feb 1, 2024 at 7:29 AM
    jake long15

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Thank you for choosing us for products you already have! We appreciate you thinking of us for your future purchases :)

13. Apr 15, 2024 at 10:23 AM
    jake long15

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake

Products Discussed in

To Top