1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2010 4runner starting issues

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by Runnergirl, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Mar 18, 2019 at 11:56 AM
    Runnergirl

Runnergirl [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4runner
    None
    New to this site but a faithful Toyota driver. I just bought a used 4runner with just over 103,000 miles. Drove the vehicle at dealership and it started and ran fine. Vehicle was delivered to my house 3 days later and sat in my driveway another 3 days while I awaited insurance coverage. Tried to start vehicle and it just cranked and cranked but would never turn over. After numerous tries over another day it finally started but would never start for me again. Tow truck driver tried to start it and after several tries and him pumping the gas pedal it started. Trying to get dealership to fix but they are giving me the runaround. Battery is a 2018 with plenty of power. Vehicle has clean carfax showing no issues. Realize it might be fuel filter/pump. Could it also be the ECM? Any suggestions or insight would be appreciated. Still hoping dealership will work with me but I am afraid they won't.

Strandskov and HoBoDanny like this.
  2. Mar 18, 2019 at 11:58 AM
    HoBoDanny

HoBoDanny Dude...

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2004 SR5 V6 4WD 4Runner
    RCI Skid Plate CBI Ditch Light Brackets Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 265 70R17 113T Tires 1.25” Wheel Spacers TPMS Bypass Mod Hydrocarbon Filter Removed Merca decal 2” leveling kit front only Black headlights
    Welcome :wave: Are you getting any codes? If you haven’t checked I would start there.

7385 and Strandskov like this.
  3. Mar 18, 2019 at 6:25 PM
    Benny123

Benny123 Toyota enthusiast

Member:
    Southeast Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2016 Nautical Blue SR5 Premium
    LEDs all around, otherwise bone stock.
    Hmmm. Id start simple and go from there. Get volt readings and check alt and starter. Can it be started from a jump? Its pretty young to have a starting issue. Even with the original spark plugs it should start.

Check your fuse. Great posts here.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    Strandskov likes this.
  4. Mar 19, 2019 at 5:08 AM
    Runnergirl

Runnergirl [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4runner
    None
    Thanks for the welcomes Benny123, Strandskov, and HoboDanny! There have been no codes pop up on this vehicle at all. Can Toyota pull past codes (history) or see things on their readers that places like advance auto and other places can't. Have not tried jumping since battery seems to have significant power and starter seems to be working properly. If fuses were blown would it still start some of the time? Thanks for input

5. Mar 19, 2019 at 6:29 AM
    Benny123

Benny123 Toyota enthusiast

Member:
    Southeast Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2016 Nautical Blue SR5 Premium
    LEDs all around, otherwise bone stock.
    Yeah theyll pull all codes. If they say theres none there arent any. Try the above and check your fuses.

Products Discussed in

To Top