1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2005 to 2011 4Runner rust recall

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by austin blue, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Nov 18, 2021 at 3:08 PM
    austin blue

austin blue [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    2005 silver sr5 4runner
    None
    Belllegalgroup.com/Toyota-lawsuit please get in touch with them about your rust there are no legal fees it will help us get a recall they go into court January 2022 843-546-2408 is their number give em a call. I am new to the group purchased a 2005 4 runner for my girl the other day being as it is a Toyota and I knew nothing of rust issues had her go look at it since conveniently the guy could only meet up at night and I was at work so I told her to listen to any noises look for oil and test drive it put it in 4 high and 4 low forward reverse go over 60 mph and so she did it drove like a dream I even drove it when I got home and it was amazing until the next day I noticed the rust in the daylight I never in a million years would have thought a vehicle could accrue this much rust hell my friend has a 67 vw bug we worked on and the original frame was still intact rust is definitely a defect the titanic at the bottom of the ocean don’t look this bad so I’m out the money unless the bell law firm group gets enough people to complain about it and Toyota puts out the recall here are some pics for ya 8C7CCB41-3AA3-4313-A09D-EE961D82430A.jpg

5ACEAE2A-C215-42C2-83B3-96F2F5AA38FA.jpg
    1A83459C-2352-4987-AACE-5FF3A84373D6.jpg
    74AA89EC-CA9A-4D17-AE26-016448B824D6.jpg
    9079E66A-4A72-4A93-89E3-90506DDC9798.jpg

2. Nov 19, 2021 at 7:13 AM
    negusm

negusm New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 4Runner SR5 4WD
    Those zip ties scream fraud. The seller knew it was unsafe.

That is unless, they advertised it AS IS. Then it's on the buyer to inspect prior.

Yinzer and bookooc like this.
  3. Nov 19, 2021 at 10:44 AM
    McSpazatron

McSpazatron New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 4runner OR
    Dobinson IMS Warn Bumper CaliRaised Sliders 265/70 K02s
    that sucks. How much are you out? I was thinking the same thing about the zip ties…somebody knew. Although, who knows who put them on if there are multiple previous owners.

Did the seller misrepresent the vehicle? Small claims court?

When I was looking at used 4runners, I kinda gave up since most frame were pretty rusty…but nothing as bad as the perforated structural areas that you have here.

4. Sep 21, 2022 at 5:41 PM
    ToyoTroy

ToyoTroy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition
    Has any one had a successful result with this? Just found out that our 2005 4Runner Sport Edition has reached the point of too much rust in the frame. Just like a lot of them I've been reading, on the sunny side the vehicle looks fantastic, on the bottom side, not so much. 2 weeks ago, random guess it was worth 10K, now.....not so much Horrible time to be buying a vehicle right now. Anyhow, I assume that we're just going to be stuck and will simply sell it to someone who needs a good engine, tranny, so on so forth. I'm willing to put forth some effort in this recall/lawsuit business, but honestly don't want to drag myself/family through a bunch of mud, heartache, stress, aggravation and expenses. If there is not a decent success rate, I'm not going to bother. I'm leaning towards assuming this will get me know where. Someone brighten my outlook (realistically) please.

5. Sep 25, 2022 at 5:06 PM
    ToyoTroy

ToyoTroy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Vehicle:
    Just FYI, I contacted:

Belllegalgroup.com

The lawsuit is just in formation and they are waiting to see if it will be approved to go forward. They are expecting to reach that point at approximately the New Year. Then lawsuits, etc can begin. I expect this to go on a long time before rewards, if any are handed out.

Right now, according to my research, there is no completed Class-Action against Toyota for the 4Runners, and no settlement. So at the time, it strikes me that it would be impossible to get any immediate assistance. Just have to wait and see.

They said right now they have information from only about 200 4Runner owners. I was expecting it to be thousands...

6. Nov 23, 2022 at 5:42 PM
    Toyota2008

Toyota2008 New Member

Member:
    ToyoTroy-is this still a thing? I have a 2008 4 Runner-should I pursue this?

7. Nov 23, 2022 at 7:19 PM
    ToyoTroy

ToyoTroy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Vehicle:

Seems legit, but even so, it's a process with no guarantee at the end. I would suggest to call them because they put you on a list. They collect up enough issues, put together a case, and bring it to the courts to get approval to proceed with the case. Of course discussion between lawyers begins in parallel and hopefully they settle outside of court. That's what happened with the Tacoma, Sequoia, Tundra suite. I don't know why 4Runner was not included in that. Anyhow, you just call them, send 'em a few pictures, some kind of proof of ownership of the vehicle, then you wait. No obligations at this point.

To my understanding they were nearing the point of bringing a compiled case forward. My complete non-lawyer guess is it would take a long time....year or two before anything really happens. If they win or get a settlement, law firm takes their cut (bet it's large....) and the rest goes to the owners. They suggested to me that they felt it was a strong case. While you have no obligation right now, at some point in the process you do have to sign up. Not financially, but you would more or less be agreeing that they represent you, if they win, they get to take a cut of your win, so on so forth. I don't understand it all, I'm no lawyer. However it's minimal effort to have any chance. I'm crossing my fingers, not holding my breath. They did seem like a legit law firm. They also said at this point I could get rid of it if I wanted to. Haven't yet, but who knows what I'll do.

Products Discussed in

To Top