1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2005 ABS Module Motor Seized

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by Trace4711, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Mar 9, 2018 at 6:31 AM
    Trace4711

Trace4711 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver 4Runner Limited
    Hoping someone can answer this...I have a 2005 4Runner Limited with 201,100 miles. A couple of weeks ago my brakes went out. Brought it to Firestone and after hooking it up to the computer, told me I need a new ABS module....a very expensive repair. Had the car towed somewhere else with the intention of having a used one put in and selling it. Got a call from the mechanic, less than an hour later, saying it was fixed. Apparently, the motor for the ABS module seized and he got it going. He said he can pull it and clean up the motor and he thinks it should be ok. My question is would you trust it not to seize again and what possibly caused it to seize to begin with. Can there be something wrong with the module that caused it to seize or did the motor just seize and that is what caused the failure. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks so much!!!

2. Mar 9, 2018 at 8:29 AM
    RonT4R

RonT4R New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2007 4runner SR5 4WD
    Well if it happened once and it's the same part I am pretty sure it will happen again sometime in the future. Check around on Craigslist and junkyards for a used replacement.

Products Discussed in

To Top