1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2004 Scion xA - why me

Discussion in 'Other Toyota Vehicles' started by MattAK, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Nov 17, 2020 at 7:25 PM
    MattAK

MattAK [OP] Headin' for the hills

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra SR5 dbl cab white
    I'm getting the timing belt, water pump, power steering pump, radiator, and all the hoses and tensioners replaced on my 4Runner this week. Our mechanic has a couple of loaner cars he lets his clients use and I got a black 2004 Scion xA with 174k miles.

IMHO it's a giant POS. (actually a little POS, the thing is really small.)

It's loud. Uncomfortable. Doesn't have any power. The ride is awful. The side view mirrors are super tiny. The stereo and speakers are garbage. Aside from it not having cruise control, which is super annoying for my 80 mile commute every day, I think the thing I hate the most is the gauge cluster. It's the same size as it would be if it was directly in front of the driver, except Toyota decided to put it way up in the middle of the dash next to the windshield. It's almost impossible to keep a good eye on how fast you're going when it's that far away.

I'm not hating on my mechanic, it's awesome he keeps a few loaner cars around for people to use. He's slow but does good work for a good price so it's worth it. I'm grateful I didn't have to rent a car this week but I pretty much hate every minute I'm in the xA and I can't wait to get my 4Runner back.

Anyone else have or driven one of these?

Products Discussed in

To Top