1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2002 4rnr Limited 2WD v6 146k miles - P0303 misfire

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by evgiacosa, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Nov 12, 2016 at 3:02 PM
    evgiacosa

evgiacosa [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota 4runner Limited 2WD
    Hello! I am new to this forum.
    I would greatly appreciate a little help with my replacing the injectors on my 02 4rnr.
    I have a 2002 4rnr Limited 2WD v6 146k miles with a P0303 misfire condition.
    I changed the fuel filter and the air filter.
    I changed the spark plugs, and wires, and I replaced the #3 coil - the condition remains.
    I now want to start dealing with replacing the injectors.
    (You might say "just take to the dealer and let'em do it", which is not a bad idea, but they charge 150 bucks to test it, and 189 plus tax for each injector, and they are going to want to change a ton of other things as well. I figured I would start by fixing things that the engine probably needs anyway having this millage!)
    I would like to know if someone can help me out with the following:
    1) - Can I replace just one injector? is that a good idea?, or should I replace all of them so they are all new and work ok?
    2) - Is there a problem with having 5 "original" injectors and one off brand? do they co-work well together?
    3) - What is the best brand short of buying original? (Nipon Denso originals are 189 bucks a piece! a little steep for me!)
    If you can with some suggestions on this it would be greatly appreciated! I am sure your experience is greater than mine! :)
    Cheers,
    evgiacosa

Products Discussed in

To Top