1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2001 4Runner SR5 4WD

Discussion in '3rd Gen 4Runners (1996-2002)' started by BrettOlsen7, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Feb 9, 2017 at 11:18 PM
    BrettOlsen7

BrettOlsen7 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    I have been looking for a 4Runner for a while and like the 3rd gen body style and found one that seems very promising, but I wanted to see what you all thought about. It's a one owner 2001 SR5 4WD 4Runner who bought it new and just used it as a daily driver. It has never hauled a trailer or been off road so it's had a pretty easy life so far. It has 111,000 miles on it (low for a Toyota) and has a completely clean title no accidents or problems from what the owner says. They are asking $6500 for it and seems like a fair price. I'm going to see it in person tomorrow and get other pictures but this is what the owner has sent me so far. Any info you can give is greatly appreciated!

2. Feb 10, 2017 at 4:29 AM
    RonT4R

RonT4R New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2007 4runner SR5 4WD
    Looks very clean, if the frame is in the same condition it's a keeper!

3. Feb 10, 2017 at 8:53 AM
    4x4Addict

4x4Addict New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Owen
    Chico, Ca
    Vehicle:
    '96 4Runner SR5
    Magnusun Supercharger URD 7th Injector Yota1 Performance Rebuilt Motor OE Locker Suspension... Sound System... Bumper...
    Do yourself a favor and spend the money on a carfax report! I know it seems like a hassle and I'm sure you've bought cars before, but please please do it! I bought my '96 sr5 a few months ago. I got it with almost 200k miles on it, or so I thought, I bought the carfax report after I handed over the cash to see what kind of maintenance had been done on it and discovered that it had been rolled back nearly 150k miles.... Despite that it is a good truck, had never seen any off road and has not had a single problem for me. You might also want to look at the mounting brackets for the running boards, one of mine was completely bent out of shape.. (Help take a couple bucks off of the price tag!)

If you search buyers tips for a 3rd gen 4runner on youtube there are some really good videos there too!

4. Feb 10, 2017 at 8:54 AM
    4x4Addict

4x4Addict New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Owen
    Chico, Ca
    Vehicle:
    '96 4Runner SR5
    Magnusun Supercharger URD 7th Injector Yota1 Performance Rebuilt Motor OE Locker Suspension... Sound System... Bumper...
    I would also look to see if hoses and timing belt have been replaced.

5. Feb 10, 2017 at 11:36 AM
    BrettOlsen7

BrettOlsen7 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Thanks so much that helps a lot! I'm leaving right now to go take a look at it and get some more pictures!

6. Feb 10, 2017 at 1:15 PM
    4x4Addict

4x4Addict New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Owen
    Chico, Ca
    Vehicle:
    '96 4Runner SR5
    You're welcome! good luck!

Products Discussed in

To Top