1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2000 Limited new to me and growing issues

Discussion in '3rd Gen 4Runners (1996-2002)' started by Ky4runner, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Nov 5, 2016 at 1:17 PM
    Ky4runner

Ky4runner [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2000 4runner Limited
    First off I'm new to the forum but not to Toyota. They have always served me well, so when I ran across a nice and clean 2000 Limited for 2500 a couple of weeks ago, I thought it was a can't miss.

On test drive I noticed it was a little short on power but ran smooth, shifted out fine and drove like new. After purchase I noticed a hesitation when getting on it. I started with a clogged catalytic converter and muffler. After that a miss has progressively gotten worse.

Started out only under hard acceleration. Injector cleaner, plugs, wires, boots, 1 new coil pack later and it is there at idle and what was 1 cylinder sounds like 5. CEL will go off, then flashing, then on steady back to flashing and on and you get the idea. With the light on solid it will rev slowly up to 3000 with no miss. Put it in drive and it will barely pull out of its tracks. 35 is top speed right now. I have a filter and new fuel pump going on Monday. but myself think that it is not the problem but atleast it will be done. Reading on here injectors but find it hard to imagine more than 1 failing in a 2 week time frame. What am I missing.
    Codes have been miss fire.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  2. Nov 5, 2016 at 1:29 PM
    Ky4runner

Ky4runner [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2000 4runner Limited
    On another note. The fog lamps and front park lights are not functioning. Again would be a long shot in my mind that all 4 bulbs would be gone at one time. fuses are good all connections up front look good. Was wondering if there was a relay for these and if so where?

3. Nov 27, 2016 at 5:26 PM
    Ol'Blue

Ol'Blue New Member

Member:
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    Vehicle:
    99 T4R LTD- 33's and locked, 01 SR5-,SAS Sold...
    A few things here and there. Still dreaming up stuff
    What are the codes? All of them

Products Discussed in

To Top