1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2000 4runner 4x4 6cyl auto had a check engine light for shiftng selenoid b

Discussion in '3rd Gen 4Runners (1996-2002)' started by Jims4runner, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Dec 26, 2016 at 7:07 AM
    Jims4runner

Jims4runner [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    Black SR5 4x4
    I was having problems from first to second The tranny would slip in first gear and then my check engine light came on and it stated the problem was the shifting solenoid. So I bought all three selenoids in a kit with a new filter. Had my mechanic replace all three and the filter. So when I got it back it seemed to be worst at first and then driving it became better although I erased the check engine code when I picked it up and every time I put it in drive the light would come right back on. Also that day I drove it for a while seeing if it would get better It didn't I kept erasing the codes and it would come right back on. so I took it out yesterday for the first time since it was fixed???? Erased the code once again and again came right back on. Could it be possible they put them in wrong or the wrong place one was different then the others? Well when I drove it then It seems to still slip a little but most of all lacks power big time going up hills. I hit the gas and its like I didn't no change in rpms at all and just keeps going like I never hit the gas no matter how far I put my foot to the floor?? Any ideas what can try to do Thank you. Also my Toyota dealership is not that helpful unless they do the work.

Products Discussed in

To Top