1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2" lift suggestions?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Bunkerbuster, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Jul 17, 2016 at 7:26 PM
    Bunkerbuster

Bunkerbuster [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota 4 Runner
    None at this time.
    Hello my name is Michael and I'm looking in doing a lift on my 2010 4Runner. Just a 2" lift. What do you all suggest. I'm totally new to all of this so lay it on me.

2. Jul 19, 2016 at 12:28 PM
    brochacho

brochacho New Member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sequoia TRD Sport
    Tons of options.... what is your budget? How do you use your vehicle? Do you go off road much? Are you planning on increasing the size of the tire?

Bunkerbuster [OP] and Bob like this.
  3. Jul 19, 2016 at 2:48 PM
    Bunkerbuster

Bunkerbuster [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota 4 Runner
    None at this time.
    Lol. True. I am sitting at about 75,000 miles. I don't do much off hard core 4 wheeling. Just the occasional back woods driving. I do live in Colorado and want to be able to go where I want when I want when in the mountains. I'm not planning on increasing my tires, as of yet and might not in the future. I have Cooper Discover A/T 3 265/70R17. My budget is flexible.

4. Jul 19, 2016 at 3:14 PM
    brochacho

brochacho New Member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sequoia TRD Sport
    Well if you "want to be able to go where I want when I want" you will probably want to steer clear of a spacer lift. Not sure if looks plays much into your decision but in my opinion if you did a full 3" lift (which is the max you can go) with stock size tires it would look kind of odd.

You are probably best served looking at 2.5" or less options:

1. Bilstein 5100 ride height adjustable shocks. You can set the front shocks to gain .85, 1.75, or 2.5 inches of lift using stock coils. At 1.75" lift in front you will be sitting just about level and have no factory rake. If you go to 2.5" you will need to either get lift springs for the rear or spacers. This set up will run you around $400-600.
    2. Also utilizing 5100 shocks you can get some taller front coil springs to gain lift. Toytec makes 1.6" and 2.5" lift coils. This will add about $170 to first option. This will make for a better ride due to your are not preloading your factory coil springs.
    3. Ride height adjustable coilovers. Many different brands to choose from (Icon, Toytec, Fox, King..) but they are all going to run from about $750-$2000 just for the front. These are a nice option because you can change the ride height while they are installed on the vehicle from 0-3" without removing the entire coilover assembly. This option will also give you the best ride and off road performance.

You will also need to take into account that when you do a lift you may need to add some after market upper control arms (UCA's) in order to keep you factory alignment in spec. In general most people can stay within factory specs with stock UCA's as long as you keep the lift under 2.5", but ever vehicle is different and even a 1" lift may require them. They run from $450-$1000 a pair.

Check out www.toyteclifts.com and . Great companies with very helpful staff.

Hope this helps, I'm sure some other members will chime in with some more if not better information as well. Good luck!

r0nnierae, Smerdo216 and MACRunner like this.
To Top