1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

17x9 wheels (hello everyone)

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by concrete_k-9, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Jun 24, 2017 at 7:56 AM
    concrete_k-9

concrete_k-9 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Trail edition
    Hello to everyone. I am new to all this and have looked for an answer to the question I am about to ask. However, some of the answers I have seen make no sense to me so I am hoping to get a dumbed down response I guess. I am about to do a suspension lift to my 2015 trail. I found a set of wheels I liked and was gonna run 285's on them. However, the wheel is a 17x9 and it seems evidence based on these threads I would have issues with that. Could anyone explain a way for me to still run these and not have functionality issues? Thanks in advance.

The wheels are pro comp series 40 vertigo. It says they have an offset of -6 and a back space of 4.75.

2. Jun 24, 2017 at 8:17 AM
    Dimhof

Dimhof More is better

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Vehicle:
    2015 4runner trail with KDSS
    I am still not an expert on back spacing and off set numbers (or measurements that indicate exactly where the tire will sit due to design of wheel), but i do know for certain that without a lift those tires are going to rub your fenders and possibly more

Bob likes this.
  3. Jun 24, 2017 at 8:22 AM
    concrete_k-9

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Trail edition
    I am not sure which one, but I am going to do a 3" suspension lift at the same time.

4. Jun 24, 2017 at 8:27 AM
    Dimhof

Dimhof More is better

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Vehicle:
    Ok that helps but you still may need to mod the fenders so they dont rub and possibly a body mount chop. Are you just picking this wheel for looks? 9" width is a tad on the large side if you plan on staying on pavement most of the time...which most of us do. I would encourage you to try 8-8.5" width max and look for something that has specs very similar to the stock trail wheels of your '15

44357 likes this.
  5. Jun 24, 2017 at 8:40 AM
    concrete_k-9

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Trail edition
    Yea, I just haven't really found many wheels I care for. That is the only one I really like but it does not come in a standard size for my trail.

6. Jun 24, 2017 at 10:18 AM
    Dimhof

Dimhof More is better

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Vehicle:
    I went through the same contemplations. Weight was another factor i considered at the end. Stealthcustomseries.com has very great specs for toyotas but are hard to come by. Methodracewheels.com has some friendly toyota specs too. 139.7mm=5.5inches btw, threw me for a loop once. Some of methods beadlocks are a fraction off and a cheap ring is necessary for perfect fit. The ol' googler is your friend

Products Discussed in

To Top