1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1 Year Anniversary

Discussion in 'General 4Runner Talk' started by aroyalsfan, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Jan 24, 2020 at 12:06 PM
    aroyalsfan

aroyalsfan [OP] The Owner

Member:
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2018 4Runner SR5 Premium - Midnight Black Metallic(218) - 4WD
    Westin Pro Traxx 5 Hood and side window deflectors Black exhaust tip Tinted front windows Billet grill overlay Badge Overlays painted Cavalry Blue Powder coated stock Trail Wheels gloss black 12 Volt Solutions plug and play remote start To do list: led swap Speaker upgrades Sound deadening doors Maybe list: rear backup sensors
    Not on this forum but for me my rig. No regrets.

Then

20190213_191127.jpg

Now

20190728_185503.jpg
    20190708_081706.jpg

2. Jan 30, 2020 at 10:26 AM
    trlhiker

trlhiker Lazy Bum

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1992 4Runner SR5 V6 4X4
    Are those the OR wheels painted black? Looks awesome.

3. Jan 30, 2020 at 11:28 AM
    aroyalsfan

Member:
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    Westin Pro Traxx 5 Hood and side window deflectors Black exhaust tip Tinted front windows Billet grill overlay Badge Overlays painted Cavalry Blue Powder coated stock Trail Wheels gloss black 12 Volt Solutions plug and play remote start To do list: led swap Speaker upgrades Sound deadening doors Maybe list: rear backup sensors
    Thank you!

Yes I picked up the one-tone trail wheels for about $300 and then had them powder coated for $75 each and the center caps painted/clear coated for about $45 each. I painted the badging myself with OEM Cavalry Blue paint and they clear coated those for me for free when I got my wheels and caps done. I think my total bill was around $475. I am sure the price would of been higher if they were the two-toned trail wheels and they would of had to blast the black off of them.

WallyT4R and Toffees like this.
  4. Jan 30, 2020 at 1:46 PM
    TRDPro916

TRDPro916 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Pro
    Currently stock; MODS coming soon.
    Looks great!!!

5. Jan 30, 2020 at 4:15 PM
    4Runner fun

4Runner fun Just the beginning...

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    2019 Black T4R TRD Off Road Premium
    Wrangler Duratracs, center console organizer & trav all 1576 dog divider for the rear. Xpel wrap with ceramic coating. 20% tint on front windows. TRD intake. TRD oil cap Plus parts on shelf & a wish list.
    Excellent looking rig you have there! We got the MBM also. It is a pain as are all black vehicles but we love the lines & hidden ones due to the color.
    We got Xpel to start the protection but it is now time to look into sliders etc to keep the pinstripes down. Just need to convince the wife... any takers? Lol
    You have a great & unique build going; I like it.
    Ryan

6. Jan 30, 2020 at 4:43 PM
    aroyalsfan

Member:
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    Thanks all....appreciate it. Think I'm done on the outside except for eventually getting the blacked out taillights. The billet grille insert was only like $50 and is one of my favorite things. Except it's a super pain in the ass to dry after washing. I just vacuum the water out and do a quick wipe with the microfiber cloth. Might spend this year getting caught up with my finances and then turn my attention to the audio. At 42 I still love turning up the radio all the way with the windows down and blasting some Master of Puppets, ...And Justice For All, and Appetite For Destruction.....needless to say I'm pretty sure I've already blown the 6x9's in the door.

4Runner fun[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Jan 31, 2020 at 1:57 PM
    Toffees

Toffees Stuff and things

Member:
    First Name:
    Micah
    LA
    Vehicle:
    16 LE
    I'm not a fan of the black on black myself, but that's sharply done and even better looking since it's not the ubiquitous TRD wheels. Nice job.

8. Jan 31, 2020 at 8:30 PM
    aroyalsfan

Member:
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    Thank you. I'm fairly anal about trying to be creative even if certain things have been done before. You can always put your own touch on something if you just slow down and plan it out. This is an SR5 so I didn't want anything that says TRD on it as I'm anal about that too. I also didn't want a matte finish on the wheels. I looked into a satin finish to match the roof rack I painted, but after I went into the powder coaters and saw a few samples I was leaning towards a gloss finish. The owner showed me his Corvette's wheels he did in gloss black and I was sold. The only thing I regret is not going back to ask out his daughter. She drove a sweet TRD OR 4Runner, but she was way prettier than her rig...lol

Toffees[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Feb 1, 2020 at 5:31 AM
    Toffees

Toffees Stuff and things

Member:
    First Name:
    Micah
    LA
    Vehicle:
    16 LE
    Well, I think you know your mission, should you choose to accept it...

Products Discussed in

To Top