1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Yellow vs White Fog lights (Interesting video to watch)

Discussion in 'General 4Runner Talk' started by kmeeg, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Oct 14, 2021 at 6:32 PM
    kmeeg

kmeeg [OP] LionRunner

Member:
    I found 2 interesting videos on this topic. Sharing this video for you to watch and see if there is anything you can get out of it. Please please watch the videos if you like before commenting.

***This is only to share something interesting I found and not in the market for fog lights. I'm more than happy with what I have. No I'm not interested in different halogens or yellow LEDs. Thank you..:)

https://youtu.be/J8kjUzNSlnc?t=44

https://youtu.be/3y4oqR5hhr4

2. Oct 14, 2021 at 9:10 PM
    ElectroBoy

ElectroBoy Ad astra

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 ORP
    A mixed bag of bad info in a sales pitch. Amber is not the same as yellow. He gets the science half wrong. Foglight colors should not be promoted for fashion. Driving around town with your fogs on is not a great idea. You do not want a foglight to have a high beam pattern. Drop-in LEDs in halogen housings result in crappy beam patterns. See for yourself. This is why specifically designed LED fog lights are always better than drop-in bulbs.
    7CBDDE32-0DE3-46F2-862C-70BD9035193D.jpg

kmeeg[OP] likes this.
  3. Oct 15, 2021 at 6:11 AM
    kmeeg

kmeeg [OP] LionRunner

Member:
    I too comment on their video saying that it should be proven. Atleast should have used a fog machine to prove it for those who are thinking about white vs yellow. They should also compare with complete fog light assembly. According to them those should also not be affective. Without back to back test it's not valid, but interesting theory.

Products Discussed in

To Top