1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Xreas suspension replacement alternatives?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Twetor, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Oct 9, 2020 at 2:45 PM
    Twetor

Twetor [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Vehicle:
    2005 4Runner sport
    i drive a 2005 toyota 4runner sport with the xreas suspension system. I live on a remote island in alaska and dont have access to a toyota dealership with the special machine to pressurize this system. i was told by a toyota mechanic in alaska to just tear the whole system out and replace it with basic shocks as its likely to break again somewhere down the road and will cost a fortune to barge my vehicle to the nearest dealership.

Last week I was driving down logging roads and i think a stick got in there and tore the soft hydrolic hose off from the shock to the hard line on the front passenger side of the vehicle. you can see where the hyrolic fluid leaked out and the vehicle is currently bottomed out in that corner. My understanding is i would need to replace the shocks in the front right and back left corner of the vehicle as they are connected but that i would not need to replace the hard lines or the brain box underneath the vehicle.

I am wondering if anyone on here knows a part number for replacement shocks that will fit a 2005 toyota 4 runner sport that are not as complicated as the xreas system? I’m looking for a standard, regular old school shock that will fit. i was told that when you search this model the only thing that comes up for parts is the xreas. there has to be standard shocks that will fit this vehicle or do you have to retro fit some in and if so which ones?

Im not looking for anything too fancy. I live on an island with 13 miles of paved road and spend most of my time driving on gravel logging roads. Any advice on a replacement system will be very much appreciated. thanks in advance!

2. Oct 30, 2020 at 10:27 PM
    Mr. Banks

Mr. Banks New Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 V8 Sport 4x4 4Runner
    Borla Catback Dual Exhaust, Daystar/Spidertracks spacers, 06’ LED tail swap, Limited map light/homelink swap, AVH-4200NEX Nav/stereo upgrade, blacked out headlights, full LED exterior lights upgrade, riding on Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac's. AWAITING: LED interior swap, C4 Lo-Pro Winch Bumper, Warn Winch, Sherpa Roof Rack, Bilstein 6112/5160!
    Our generation 4runner drivers swear by Bilsteins and the fj cruiser spring swap.

81runner likes this.
  3. Nov 1, 2020 at 9:05 AM
    81runner

81runner New Member

Member:
    SoCal, Ventura County
    Vehicle:
    2007 4runner, modified...
    I ran this setup for a while. Nice to be able to take the rake out of the front end with the billy's. Felt decent, not sure how xreas compares

Products Discussed in

To Top