1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wireless Carplay

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by UofLCardfan77, Jun 13, 2022.

1. Jun 13, 2022 at 4:06 AM
    UofLCardfan77

UofLCardfan77 [OP] Large Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Elizabethtown, Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium, Magnetic Gray
    Black Out Overlays, Windows tinted (front doors),
    I know this has probably been beat to death, and I've searched this forum and Google to try to get it figured out and I'm still confused, so bear with me.

Just purchased a 2019 ORP. I want to add Carplay and I keep seeing conflicting or less than clear answers. My wife has a 2021 Crosstrek limited and I purchased the Carlinkit 3.0 and a wireless charging pad and installed them. It works flawlessly.

I had read where you used the Entune app to connect to Carplay. Unfortunately when I did a delete of all the personal data on the HU it also deleted Entune. Tried to reinstall Entune and found out that Toyota no longer has it and was told to use the Toyota App. Installed the Toyota App but I don't see anything there that helps me.

Is there a simple Yes/No answer to "Can you have Carplay in a 2019 4Runner. I'm not worried about the wireless connection since I'm pretty sure that the Carlinkit will do that part for me.

I appreciate any help guys.

Oh and if there in fact is a method, step by step instructions would be appreciated.

2. Jun 13, 2022 at 6:50 AM
    semprenissart

semprenissart Mèfi

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2022 4Runner TRD Pro (MGM)
    Westcott Sliders. Gobi no rise
    From what I understand, CarPlay first arrived on the 4Runner in MY2020.

so if your 2019 has the stock head unit you won’t be able to use CarPlay. However, you can replace it with an aftermarket head unit that has CarPlay integrated (some even have wireless CarPlay)

3. Jun 13, 2022 at 6:53 AM
    UofLCardfan77

UofLCardfan77 [OP] Large Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Elizabethtown, Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium, Magnetic Gray
    Black Out Overlays, Windows tinted (front doors),
    Thanks for the response. Not what I wanted to hear, but . . . I have found that through the Toyota App I can use Alexa to do some of the things I wanted to do, and it is wireless so I guess I'll just stick with that for a while and then maybe later look into an aftermarket HU.

Products Discussed in

To Top