1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wind noise

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by Crossfit4Runner, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Jan 24, 2023 at 2:53 AM
    short21yang

short21yang New Member

Member:
    Central Valley California
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner Off-Road (non-Premium) Barcelona Red

I am a big fan of the Weather Tech ones and have them on all 3 of my cars. It does seem to be weird at first and seems like the window isn't going to close but over time it'll work. First, you gotta do this with your doors open and place it in-between your arms. With one hand, hold/tilt/stretch the the visor out a little away from the window and with your other hand slowly close up the window by pressing the switch. Once it closes up, you'll see the whole window and visor move as if it's gonna break or something. Just don't open the windows for a couple days until it settles. Once it settles, your auto button should work. This trick worked for all 3 of my cars. As for the rear, they don't hold as well and the tape will eventually get dirty and the visor will get loose and fall off. I lost one by having my rear driver window open and it flew off for my SI. Had to buy a new pair. Now for my 4Runner, both my rears are starting to fall down a little everytime I open the rear windows and I can see the tape it bad. I contacted Weather Tech Customer Service to buy replacement tape but they don't sell it. Instead, they sent me a free roll of tape to replace it. So the customer service works well. Good luck!

To Top