1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WiFi Hotspot have to manually turn on everytime now

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by universalfrost, Jan 31, 2022.

1. Jan 31, 2022 at 5:17 AM
    universalfrost

universalfrost [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joseph
    Belpre, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2022 SR5 Premium
    Predator bars, blackout emblems, TRD Pro Wheels, Falken AT3W tires
    So i've had my 2022 SR5 Premium since November and initially the wifi hotspot would stay on automatically when you restarted the vehicle. unless you manually turned it off prior...

now i have to manually turn on the wifi hotspot each time (im usually reminded by my kids that wifi isnt on)... for me it doesnt really matter , but my kids keep reminding my.

I am assuming that an update or something came in and hosed up the settings...

Anyone else experience this?

2. Jan 31, 2022 at 11:24 AM
    Slimwood Shady

Slimwood Shady New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    ‘22 T4R Pro Lime Rush, 996TT
    Mine too....:rolleyes:

3. Jan 31, 2022 at 5:02 PM
    polyguy79

polyguy79 New Member

Member:
    LA County
    Vehicle:
    2021 White Runner ORP
    RCI aluminum skids (front, trans, TC, and gas), RCI steel sliders 20 degree no plates with kickout, Treaty Oak recovery points, LFD stainless crossbars, Greenlane ladder, Toyo Open Country AT III, Bilstein 5100s, OME (front 2” lift) and Eibach (rear 1”lift) coils
    Same here! I was going to post the same question a few days ago. It’s annoying

4. Feb 1, 2022 at 5:27 AM
    universalfrost

Member:
    First Name:
    Joseph
    Belpre, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2022 SR5 Premium
    yeah if this was "normal" then fine... but when i bought the 4Runner back a couple months ago it would automatically turn back on everytime.. now i have to manually go in and turn it on.. (usually when my kids remind me because they brought a tablet or something).. also different rant is that its locked to AT&T... (ive got T-mobile)... wish i could switch providers, but it actually saved my sanity once when we didnt have a t=mobile signal but AT&T was strong... kids managed to keep watching their shows etc.. .modern problems i guess...

5. Feb 1, 2022 at 7:39 AM
    kmeeg

kmeeg LionRunner

Member:
    Just curious what is the advantage of paying for ATT wifi on 4R vs having my Tmobile unlimited?

Not sure if there is any limitation using as wifi hot spot? I've been using my mobile as a hot spot for my laptop to join meetings while I go to pick my kiddo when Mrs not able to pick.

6. May 20, 2022 at 6:23 PM
    SpamMusubi

SpamMusubi New Member

Member:
    California
    Yep mine does that as well. I thought it might be an ATT thing, but not sure. Does anyone know if Verizon works any better than ATT in you 4runner ? Asking due to the ATT sales folks who are trying to sell me an HBO package with my WiFi now that my trail is ending... Plus the signal is really weak from ATT.

7. Jul 10, 2022 at 10:48 AM
    Urbancrawler

Urbancrawler New Member

Member:
    Couple things were happening to mine
    Overheating because I had it on the dash. It was fine in winter but now now in 85F weather. Keep it on the seat or near the shifter where it’s cooler
    Second there is auto shut off when battery inside the hotspot runs down. I have a super simple dual battery system with an always on USB outlet
    Both those things might resolve your problem

8. Jul 11, 2022 at 7:34 AM
    universalfrost

Member:
    First Name:
    Joseph
    Belpre, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2022 SR5 Premium
    think you are locked in with ATT for the built in hotspot on the 4runner... i talked to t-mobile (my provider) and they told me as much based on many many previous inquiries by other folks for toyota vehicles in the past.. hopefully im wrong and we can register the hotspots with another provider...

Products Discussed in

To Top