1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheels and tires…send help! Opinions welcome!

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Honey, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Oct 3, 2021 at 8:14 AM
    Honey

Honey [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 magnetic grey 4Runner SR5
    Soooo just purchased my first 4Runner.. looking to upgrade wheels and tires and need HELP. I’m somewhat illiterate/ill informed on all this…so please be kind.
    For now I think I’d like to keep it stock height and stock tire size. Simply bc it’s my daily and I drive ALOT, also kids, mom, etc — easier to get in.
    Ive decided on the wheels — KMC Dirty Harry, textured black. And then going with some nice AT stock size tires that look more aggressive than the Dunlop’s that are currently on it (gosh, those things are UGLY)
    Anyways… my poor fiance and other more vehicle mod savy friends have tried to help me with this whole wheel thing. I guess my question is… I’ve had several different suggestions on my desired wheel…. And I have NO clue which one.
    17x8.5 00MM offset
    17x8.5 18 MM offset
    17x9 -12MM offset
    My fiancé keeps telling me to do the one with negative offset but I’m afraid it might look like my poor rig skipped leg day bc it will still be stock height/tire size and the tires will stick out too far (I’m assuming, bc the negative offset) send help!!!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
  2. Oct 3, 2021 at 8:20 AM
    Mtbpsych

Mtbpsych New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5
    Are you wanting help to chose what will look best? It sounds like you already made up your mind. The negative offset ones may have slight rubbing issues due to how wide they are and having that -12mm offset.

Honey[OP] likes this.
  3. Oct 3, 2021 at 9:34 AM
    Honey

Honey [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 magnetic grey 4Runner SR5
    My main concern in functionality and then secondly vanity… I wasn’t sure if the ones with the negative offset would rub any if they were still on the stock tire size (I do realize they’re wider but wasn’t sure if they would still rub) And also didn’t want them to look funky and stick out way too far

4. Oct 3, 2021 at 3:59 PM
    trouble_shooting

trouble_shooting New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trig
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Off-road
    I am currently running -6 with stock tires. No rubbing an it’s even with the upper wheel well. No look of “missing leg day”:burnrubber:

Products Discussed in

To Top